How can I display the sidebar in my events page?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How can I display the sidebar in my events page?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    flaviarusso
    Participant

Using Tribe Events Stiles and Events default page I can’t see nothing at all.

Barry

Hi Flaviarusso, is this in conjunction with the same issue you have reported in existing threads, or is this something else?

flaviarusso
    Participant

Hi Barry, I think it’s something else. I had to change the theme I was working to and I choosed another one which seems to cause less problems. But I still don’t understand how to display a widget area in my events pages.

Barry

Oh I see.

OK, well there are a couple of ways to approach this – it does rather vary with each theme, however.

If you are using the Default Page Template and that template does not include a sidebar then you could customize it and add a get_sidebar() call.

Alternatively, if you are using the Default Events Template you might customize that (your override would live in your_theme/tribe-events/default-template.php) and add a get_sidebar() call in there.

Does that help at all?

flaviarusso
    Participant

Sorry Barry, probably I’ve done something wrong, I have made a copy of default-template.php in the tribe-events folder of my theme. Then I added this instruction:
    , but nothing changed.
    I’ve tried to add a sidebar in events page even using plugins (like Multiple Sidebars) but I got none.
    In addiction, is it normal that I haven’t any widget area dedicated to the Events Page displayed in my Widget panel?

Hi Flaviarusso,

1) Could you please send me a zip with a copy of your theme to [email protected]? I’ll take a look
    2) TEC doesn’t register a specific sidebar (widgets area), it uses the main one you have.

flaviarusso
    Participant

Hi Daniel, I’ve just sent it to your mail. Thank you so much!

Hi Flavia,
    Add this code: https://gist.github.com/MZAWeb/0d37fbdf8e4ce0d60f85 to {your_theme}/tribe-events/default-template.php

flaviarusso
    Participant

Great! I added your code and I can confirm you that all works to perfection. Thank you, now I have the layout I desired for my Events page.

Leah

Great news! Thank you so much flaviarusso.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘How can I display the sidebar in my events page?’ is closed to new replies.