How can i Add a Buy Ticket Button n the Event Page

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus How can i Add a Buy Ticket Button n the Event Page

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    konpaevents
    Participant

Hi, when i create an event the price for the event show up on the upper right corner, but when i set up a ticket for that event the Price disappeared.

How can i Add a Buy Ticket on the same place the price for the ticket show up. Or just add a buy ticket on the display event page for all the event that has ticket set up for.

See sample screen shot : http://www.konpaevents.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Screen-Shot-2014-09-15-at-9.44.42-PM.jpg

Geoff

Hi Wilfrid, welcome to the support forums! Thanks for getting in touch. πŸ™‚

The screenshot link sent me to an error page, but let’s see if we can still tackle this.

How can i Add a Buy Ticket on the same place the price for the ticket show up.

Unfortunately, this isn’t something that is offered right out of the box. However, you could customize the layout of the calendar list view to display a “Buy Now” button that anchor links to the ticket form on the event page. I’d recommend heading over to our Themer’s Guide, which will walk you through the steps of creating your own custom layout. You’ll find the List View template in the Views & Templates section.

Or just add a buy ticket on the display event page for all the event that has ticket set up for.

The ticket form will show up on an event page if tickets have been set up for it. In the editing screen for your event, there is a section called Tickets (screenshot). Click the “Add new ticket” button and follow the steps for creating a new ticket. Once you publish the event, the tickets will show up on the event page below the Details box (screenshot).

Does that make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

konpaevents
    Participant
    konpaevents
    Participant

I think having the Buy Tickets button on the event listing page will increase sale.

Geoff

Thanks for the screenshot, Wilfrid! Were you ale to give the suggestions above a try? Those should give you what you’re looking for. πŸ™‚

funniteart
    Participant

I need this feature, as well. My customers usually know the location and the details. I want them to BUY right away! Not after having scrolled through all the specifics… It’s really really important to me. (And honestly, I am not equipped to go and create a whole custom template–I was hoping you guys would have some templates set up)

I am also wondering why I have to re-enter the ticket info each time! I was under the impression that buying Pro would give me some features such as the ability to set up a ticket and select it for each event. I’m not sure why I keep having to upload the same graphic and try to get the ticket description the same for each event.

Sorry to pirate this post. Its not my intent. But I have purchased 3 pro plugins and there is not one button for me to start a thread. Frustrations are getting high for me… Please help.

Geoff

Thanks for chiming in,Β funniteart. I definitely appreciate knowing this is something you’re also looking for. At the same time, I want to encourage you to share your feature requests over on our UserVoice page, so we can properly review it and let others vote on the feature as well. We like to keep our requests for features and support separated so nothing falls through the cracks. πŸ™‚

I know that we advertise a lot of the features that come with the PRO plugin, but I’m not aware of anything regarding the ability to select pre-existing tickets for events. If we’ve miscommunicated that somewhere, please let us know where and we’ll fix that communication for others and offer you a refund if it’s not hitting your needs.

You’re welcome to continue following this thread if you find it relevant to an issue you’re experiencing, but please open a separate thread if you have a separate issue so we can tackle the original thread.

Thanks!
    Geoff

funniteart
    Participant

Oh, no… I won’t be leaving. You guys kick ass. πŸ™‚
    Anyway, I know it says you can save your ticket data… but honestly I have read so much documentation in the past 24 hours, I would have no idea where I saw it. πŸ™‚

Geoff

Thanks man, we appreciate you sticking with us! πŸ™‚

I’ll try to track down where we mention the ticket data stuff and see if it can be clearer so we set better expectations for what the plugin can and can’t do. We always want to be as clear as possible.

Thanks for following along–I’m going to keep working with Wilfrid here to see if we can settle the original thread. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

konpaevents
    Participant

@Geoff, nope i wasn’t able to get it done because it kind of too complicated for me. is there any code i can add to get the job done.

Geoff

Hi there Wilfrid,

Unfortunately, I haven’t seen any examples of customizations that add a button to the events listing like that and it’s not something we have on hand.

Although I’m unable to do it for you, I will break down how you would do it. You’ll need to create two theme overrides, so be sure to check out our Themer’s Guide on how to do that before getting started. πŸ™‚

1) Add an anchor tag to the ticket box.

You can create a theme override for the tickets.php template and add the anchor tag to the top of the ticket table:

<a id="buy-now"></a>

2) Create a link to the anchor on the event list view

You’ll create another theme override for the list/single-event.php template and place the link to the anchor where you would like it to appear:

<a href="<?php echo tribe_get_event_link() ?>#buy-now" title="Buy Now" rel="bookmark">Buy Now</a>

Will this help you? Please let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

funniteart
    Participant

Geoff… you’re awesome. I just wish I knew what the hell you just said. πŸ™‚ lol!
    I am learning! Slowly… for you. Fast compared to the rest of my friends. lol. Dang I should have married a programmer. πŸ™‚

Geoff

Thanks, Wilfrid! I’m glad this answers the question, even though it might be tough for you to implement.

The good news is that you have steps that you can give someone to help you make it work. You can also always open a thread here in the forums if you try to do it yourself and have a question about the documentation as you work. We’re always happy to help. πŸ™‚

I’m going to go ahead and close this thread, but please don’t hesitate to start a new know if you run into any other questions.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘How can i Add a Buy Ticket Button n the Event Page’ is closed to new replies.