How add additional fields in event-list-widget

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO How add additional fields in event-list-widget

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Rainer Klar
    Participant

Hi there,
    although I studied a lot of threads and tutorials, I can’t get the clou of it.
    I want to display an additional field – event format – in my event-list widget.

I copied already wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/views/widgets/list-widget.php to a new created directory following a tutorial:
    /wp-content/themes/lifestyle-pro/tribe-events/pro/

And now I don’t know how to modify the file.
    Would you please show me the needed code?

thank you very much in advance!

kind regards,
    Dan-cer

Cliff

Hi, Rainer.

Thanks for your detailed question. It looks like you’re on the right track, although I’d make sure that you’re using a child theme to avoid losing your tribe_events directory when you do a theme update.

Could you please provide a link to an event that has this Additional Field added to it? Although we don’t help with such customizations, per our Scope of Support / Terms, it might help me advise you in this area.

Rainer Klar
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    yes of course – here is the link.

On the bottom of the page above the footer you will find the Additional Field “Veranstaltungsformat
    Tages-Seminar”.
    On the right sidebar you will find the events-list. Look for

Geistige und körperliche Entschlackung
    14. Oktober, 09:30 bis 18:30

I want to have “Tages-Seminar” displayed there.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Rainer Klar. Reason: link wasn't displayed yet
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Rainer Klar. Reason: I had to find out the logic of your link-insert-formula
    • This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Rainer Klar. Reason: Still struggling with link insert
    Cliff

If I understand that page’s content correctly, you might be trying to override the wrong file.

Please try overriding /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/widgets/modules/single-event.php instead

As far as how to get Additional Fields data for an event, please reference tribe_get_custom_fields()

Please let me know how this goes for you.

Rainer Klar
    Participant

Hi Cliff,

thank you for your suggestions. I found the files, but don’t know, what exact code I should add to /wp-content/plugins/events-calendar-pro/src/views/pro/widgets/modules/single-event.php

On the page you linked is just Function: tribe_get_custom_fields
    and
    array tribe_get_custom_fields ( int $postId = null )

But that doesn’t seem complete code to me.

kind regards,
    Rainer

Cliff

They are incomplete; you need to reference those functions for what you choose as the best way to implement this customization. Referencing this snippet might be helpful to get you started.

If there’s a code snippet you’d like me to put some eyes on or something else I can help you with.

Rainer Klar
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    I tried to modify your snippet to my certain modified-field:

<?php
    /**
     * for theeventscalendar/specific-additional-fields/
     */
    function tribe_get_custom_fields( $data ) {

$field_name = 'Veranstaltungsformat';
    	array( $data )
    }
    add_filter( 'tribe_get_custom_fields' );

Is that correct? I have no idea about setting ‘array’, I just copy any codes given to me. In this case the field-name is ‘Veranstaltungsformat’. This field should be displayed in the calendar-widgets.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 9 months ago by Rainer Klar. Reason: deleting double code
    Cliff

I really appreciate your effort, but I can tell the code is malformed.

Additionally, there’s a bit more you’d need to do to accomplish what you’re wanting (e.g. targeting just a specific widget’s output).

You may want to ask your developer or reference our documentation and list of known customizers.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘How add additional fields in event-list-widget’ is closed to new replies.