Hook into calendar back end and influence what event data is displayed there

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Hook into calendar back end and influence what event data is displayed there

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    florianubr
    Participant

Hi, are there any ways provided by “The Events Calendar” plugin to influence/modify which events are listed in the WP backend, where events can be modified by the user. Are there any hooks provided I can “jump” into and modify this before it’s being displayed?
    E.g. I’d like to show only the first occurence of recurring events instead of all of them (which is quite confusing for my client who has some events recurring weekly for several years).

I know, I could directly modify inside the plugin code, but this would immediately break, once a new update is available from you (and I’d like to avoid not updating).

Barry

Directly modifying plugin code definitely isn’t the way to do things, you’re right!

The list of events is basically built on two systems – one is Advanced Post Manager and the other is WP List Tables (the structure provided by WordPress itself which we are using to create the tabular list of events). Both have a number of hooks within them that you might take advantage of – this is an advanced customization however and, regrettably, not one we can offer too much help for.

Barry

(Just re-subscribing myself.)

Barry

Closing this thread out as its been quite a while without any follow-up. Of course if you do still need help with this or anything else please feel free to open a new thread. Thanks!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Hook into calendar back end and influence what event data is displayed there’ is closed to new replies.