Hiding the content or excerpt in the photo view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Hiding the content or excerpt in the photo view

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Brac
    Participant

How can I go about hiding the event details or excerpt from the photo view so that only the image, and basic details are displayed on the photo view. I want the details on the single event page just not on the photo view page.

Brook
    Participant

Hello Brac,

That is very easy to do with a custom template. Are you familiar with WP Themes and their API? If so you will feel right at home here as well. Our theme API is just an extension of WP. You could modify the /pro/photo.php by following the steps in this tutorial. Once you have the file ready to be modified, you can simply remove or otherwise hide the displaying of the post’s excerpt.

Does that make sense? Will that option work for you?

Cheers!

– Brook

Brac
    Participant

Hey I took a look at that info and followed the tutorial. However, unless I am missing something, there is no code that can simply be removed in the photo.php file that allows me to remove the description. I can remove the listings or not.

I don’t want to remove the description on the single post, I just want to remove the detail description from the photo view. Any help here would be great. I appreciate it.

Brac
    Participant

I managed to find where to remove the stuff I wanted removed.

Thanks for the help.

Brook
    Participant

I am glad you found it! I should have mentioned the photo folder single-event.php file. My advice was too generic.

Thanks for the update. I’ll archive this topic since you’ve reached a solution. Cheers!

– Brook

Brook
    Participant

I am glad you found it! I should have mentioned the photo folder single-event.php file. My advice was too generic.

Thanks for the update. I’ll archive this topic since you’ve reached a solution. Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Hiding the content or excerpt in the photo view’ is closed to new replies.