Hiding RSVP "Going/Not Going" & limit the amount of RSVPs

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Hiding RSVP "Going/Not Going" & limit the amount of RSVPs

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tiina Österholm
    Participant

Hi!
    Thanks for a great plugin. I am using Event Tickets Plus for members of nonprofit organisation to register to free events (not selling tickets). I have two questions, solving these as soon as possible would help a lot.

1. How can I hide the RSVP Going / Not going feature? If they register in the first place, they are going to the event. It’s unnecessary to ask that.
    2. Is there a way to limit the RSVP to only 1 person per form submission? They only need to register themselves, not others.

Thanks,
    Tiina

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Tiina,

Thanks for using our plugins and welcome to the forums! Let me answer your questions.

1. How can I hide the RSVP Going / Not going feature? If they register in the first place, they are going to the event. It’s unnecessary to ask that.

Paste this snippet to your child theme’s style.css file which will hide that row. The default value of it is “Going”, so that’s going to be submitted:

.tribe-tickets-table .tribe-tickets-order_status-row {
    display: none;
    }
    tr.tribe-tickets-meta-row {
    display: table-row !important;
    }

The second part of the css you will need for your second question.

2. Is there a way to limit the RSVP to only 1 person per form submission? They only need to register themselves, not others.

Paste this code in your functions.php file:
    function cliff_rsvp_default_quantity() {
    wp_enqueue_script( 'jquery' );
    ?>
    <script type="text/javascript">
    jQuery(document).ready( function () {
    jQuery( 'input.tribe-ticket-quantity' ).val( 1 ).prop( 'readonly', true );
    });
    </script>
    <?php
    }
    add_action( 'wp_head', 'cliff_rsvp_default_quantity' );

Let me know how this works out.

Cheers,
    Andras

Tiina Österholm
    Participant

Great, thanks!
    That worked, but is there a way to hide the form so that it pops out for example when you click a button “Register”?
    Or if that’s not possible, can I hide the box where you choose the amount of tickets (now it’s totally unnecessary when you can’t change the amount anyway). I don’t care if the whole row is hidden.
    Tiina

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Tiina,

Adding this to your style.css as well should help you achieve what you want.
    table.tribe-events-tickets-rsvp > tbody > tr:first-child {
    display: none;
    }

Does this help? Let me know.

Cheers,
    Andras

Tiina Österholm
    Participant

Thanks, this worked!
    Tiina

Andras
    Keymaster

Super cool! I’m glad I could help.

Since this is marked resolved I am going to close this ticket, but if you need anything else related to this topic or another please post a new topic in the forum and we will help you out.

Cheers,
    Andras

PS: If you like our plugin, and you didn’t yet do so 🙂 we would be happy to receive a review in the wordpress.org repository. Thanks!
    https://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar

PS2: We’d be also grateful if you would give us feedback on your satisfaction with support. Just click on one of the classy looking emojis below. 🙂 If you can spare a few words, that’s even better. Doublethanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Hiding RSVP "Going/Not Going" & limit the amount of RSVPs’ is closed to new replies.