Hiding remaining tickets until stock levels are low

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Hiding remaining tickets until stock levels are low

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Justin Tippett
    Participant

Hi there, there is certainly no shortage of people asking how to hide the tickets remaining and it seems to be the solution is to hide it with CSS using:

.tribe-events-tickets .tribe-tickets-remaining {
    display: none !important;
    }

This does work although as you would be aware its an “all or nothing approach“. Why it just isn’t included as an option in settings seems crazy to me, especially considering how many people seem to be asking for it. And please don’t advise me to add it as a feature request like so many others have been told – I’m sure if your managers just read some of your customer feedback you would know its a pain point and it you shouldn’t make someone have to go through writing a business case for you… Anyway, I digress.

That still doesn’t really resolve my issue. I want to hide the remaining tickets until it reaches a low threshold (e.g. say 5 tickets remaining) which at that point it will display text like “Hurry! Only a few tickets remaining” or words to that effect.

It seems to me that that functionality exists within WooCommerce as you will see in the attached screenshot. Isn’t your product supposed to integrate with WooCommerce so I would have thought the options here can be used but it would appear as though they have no bearing on the front end (on my website anyway).

So I guess the question is how can I achieve that result using your product?

Am I doing something wrong or is it a limitation of your product?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hi! Thanks for reaching out. We’re experiencing a high volume of support requests right now, but please do bear with us and we’ll review your question as quickly as possible.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Justin,

Thanks for reaching out!

Yeah, that option exists in WooCommerce, and has an effect on the WooCommerce product pages.

However we don’t use those pages to show the tickets. Nonetheless, what you want should be possible with a template override.

You will need to create an override for this file:

wp-content/plugins/event-tickets-plus/src/views/wootickets/tickets.php

Line 145 is the one that prints out the availability. You could surround that with an ‘if’ check and check if the ‘$readable_amount’ is above / below the value the need, and then output the required text.

Does this help you get started on this customization? I hope it does. 🙂

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Hiding remaining tickets until stock levels are low’ is closed to new replies.