Hiding map until after search

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Hiding map until after search

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Clover-Owens
    Participant

We have over 500 events, which is too much to load on the events page – but we still want visitors on the site to see that there are events in all 50 states, and lots of them.

Is it possible to replace the map with an image… and then to show the map only once someone uses the search / filter bar ?

Thanks,
    Ryan

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Ryan!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

That is not a built-in functionality of our plugins, but it could be made with some custom coding.

One simple workaround I can think of is to create a custom page where you’ll place the map image and then link the image to the calendar url.

Let me also share the following extension that you may find useful for venue pages > https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/google-maps-multiple-events-same-venue/

I hope that helps. Let me know if any follow up question.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Hiding map until after search’ is closed to new replies.