Hide Timezone + Add Recurrence Rules from Frontend Event Form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Hide Timezone + Add Recurrence Rules from Frontend Event Form

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eric Reynolds
    Participant

While the new timezone feature is helpful, it’s confusing our online community. They’ve just gotten used to the form, and now, they’re complaining about the timezone and recurrence rules additions.

How can I remove these two additions from the frontend form to simplify my users’ lives? Also, I would like to suggest toggle settings for both features.

Thank you,

πŸ™‚ Eric

• This topic was modified 8 years, 7 months ago by Eric Reynolds.
    George
    Participant

Hey Eric,

Thanks for the feedback in regards to making these fields “toggleable” – that might indeed be quite handy!

As for now, you can hide those fields by adding CSS like the following to the bottom of your theme’s style.css file:

#event_datepickers.tribe-events-community-details tr.recurrence-row, #event_datepickers.tribe-events-community-details tr:nth-of-type(6n) {
    display: none !important;
    }

I hope that helps!

β€” George

Eric Reynolds
    Participant

Thanks George. Unfortunately, the CSS you gave me also hides the entire recurrence selector. I only wanted to hide the timezone and recurrence rule button. So, I used the following…

button#tribe-add-recurrence.button, #event_datepickers.tribe-events-community-details tr:nth-of-type(6n) {
        display: none !important;
        }
    George
    Participant

Great! Thanks for posting your updated solution.

Best of luck with your site πŸ™‚
    George

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide Timezone + Add Recurrence Rules from Frontend Event Form’ is closed to new replies.