Hide the search box?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Hide the search box?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Paul Reali
    Participant

Support team: Multiple searches through the forums make it pretty clear that the Search box will only search the current month (rather than all events in the future) when in Month view, and that there’s no fix coming for this. (It appears that Filter Bar, likewise, only works on the visible events.) This is a significant problem for usability, seriously off-putting for site visitors—essentially, a search function that doesn’t really search.

So, what are my alternatives? Can I hide/remove the search box altogether? I could settle for that.

Or, can I force the search function to return a list view?

I’m not a programmer, and generally don’t want to mess with the code, but there must be something that can be done.

Thanks.

Geoff B.

Good evening Paul and welcome to the Events Calendar Support forum!

Thank you for reaching out to us.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

You bring up a very interesting point about the usability of search specifically on the month view.
    I will make sure I bring this topic up during our next team meeting.

Thank you for that.

So, what are my alternatives? Can I hide/remove the search box altogether? I could settle for that.

Absolutely!

You can do that in one of 2 ways:

1. Using CSS on the specific views you want to remove it from.Try adding the following CSS rule to your style.css file or in your Custom CSS metabox:

.tribe-bar-search-filter {display: none !important}

2. You can remove it using custom view templates. In fact, that could allow you to integrate your own search box functionality should you want to.

You might want to read our Themer’s guide to get a sense of how that works.

The second approach is a bit more involved, but is totally accessible to most people (even non-programmers).

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide the search box?’ is closed to new replies.