Hide Tags & Category info from Events display

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Hide Tags & Category info from Events display

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Zachary
    Participant

An event page shows all the tags for that event. I have lots of tags for my events and this looks very bad. I want it to go – (my website) > Events Listings > Event Name

Thanks!

Barry

Hi Zachary,

This is definitely possible!

Please check out our Themer’s Guide first of all, which describes how to safely override and customize our plugin templates.

From there you will probably be interested in our modules/meta/details.php template – simply remove the following code:

<?php
    echo tribe_get_event_categories(
    	get_the_id(), array(
    		'before'       => '',
    		'sep'          => ', ',
    		'after'        => '',
    		'label'        => null, // An appropriate plural/singular label will be provided
    		'label_before' => '<dt>',
    		'label_after'  => '</dt>',
    		'wrap_before'  => '<dd class="tribe-events-event-categories">',
    		'wrap_after'   => '</dd>'
    	)
    );
    ?>

<?php echo tribe_meta_event_tags( __( 'Event Tags:', 'tribe-events-calendar' ), ', ', false ) ?>

Does that help?

Zachary
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Oh, I see. That appears to be generated by your theme rather than our plugin – you can bear this idea out by temporarily switching to a default theme.

What I’d recommend is checking in with the theme author to figure out how it might be disabled. By using a simple conditional statement it should be possible to turn it off in respect of single event pages only, ie:

if ( ! is_singular( TribeEvents::POSTTYPE ) ) {
        /* Theme code responsible for listing tags */
    }

Definitely feel free to share the above with the theme vendor (or just link to this forum topic) – but they will be best placed to direct you to the source of the tag listing code.

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide Tags & Category info from Events display’ is closed to new replies.