Hide sections of the Events Add Admin page

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Hide sections of the Events Add Admin page

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kyle Smiles
    Participant

I need to hide a couple of tables (#event_tribe_venue, #event_tribe_organizer, #event_cost) in the Admin sections for a specific role (i.e. Editor). I tried to hide the tables using CSS and this causes the calendar AJAX calls to hang. Please let me know the best way of accomplishing this. Thank you in advance.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kyle!

Nice to see you again! 🙂 Let me try to help you with that.

I think you will find the following article about Admin roles and permissions of interest if you want to limit the capabilities of certain user roles. > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/admin-roles-and-permissions/

I hope it helps! Let me know if you have follow up questions.

Best,
    Victor

Kyle Smiles
    Participant

This doesn’t help. This just allows me to only limit the users capabilities. This is only part of the solution. I need my users to be able to add/edit/delete their own events. The plug-in helps limit their abilities, but it doesn’t limit their ability to modify event categories, add venue, costs, etc. I need to have these sections removed, if possible, to avoid them entering this information.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kyle!

If you want to hide the venue, organizer and cost tables from the edit event page, you can use the following snippet as an example to add styles to the admin:

function hide_event_tables($hook) {
    ?> <style type="text/css">
    table#event_tribe_venue, table#event_tribe_organizer, table#event_cost { display: none; }
    </style> <?php
    }
    add_action( 'admin_enqueue_scripts', 'hide_event_tables' );

Bear in mind you will need to add additional code to only apply those styles for specific user roles.

Best,
    Victor

Kyle Smiles
    Participant

Thank you this seems to have worked 🙂

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kyle!

Glad to know it worked out! 🙂

I’ll close this thread now but feel free to open a new topic if anything comes up and we’ll be happy to help.

Cheers,
    Victor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide sections of the Events Add Admin page’ is closed to new replies.