Hide number of tickets available

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Hide number of tickets available

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    heartwood
    Participant

We don’t want to show the number of available tickets on the /events/ page or on the individual event page. We are using the following CSS, which works for a while, but the remaining number of tickets will consistently reappear after a few days. Is there a solution that is more permanent?

.tribe-tickets-left {
    display: none !important;
    }

.tribe-tickets-remaining {
    }

.tribe-events-tickets .tribe-tickets-remaining {
    }

Thanks!

Geoff B.

Good afternoon Glenn and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the number of tickets left constantly reappearing on your website.
    I would love to help you with this topic.

I took a look at your website and, much to my surprise, I could not find any of the CSS rules kicking in for some reason.

Normally, these should stick. Would you mind telling me where you are adding these? (our plugin’s CSS, your theme’s CSS, in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS?

Another option would be to tweak and apply the following snippet in the functions.php file of your theme (without the PHP tag at the top): https://gist.github.com/cliffordp/94f37421a00db6f7a96368aa23a8d8bb#file-functions-php

But first, to be extra safe, before making any changes to your functions.php file, you should make a backup of that file.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

heartwood
    Participant

We added all that CSS in our theme’s CSS, in Appearance > Customize > Additional CSS. Should we move that to the plugin’s CSS? If so, can you point me to those instructions?

Or, do you think the functions.php addition would be more reliable?

heartwood
    Participant

How do we access the CSS for Event Tickets Plus? I hope you can respond soon!

Geoff B.

Good morning Glenn,

Thank you for writing back.

Since you are using Divi, I would recommend using going over to https://heartwoodsoundstage.com/wp-admin/admin.php?page=et_divi_options, scrolling all the way to the bottom of the page and adding the Custom CSS there.

The functions.php is equally as reliable as CSS (provided the CSS is in a spot that “sticks”).
    The biggest difference is that this specific functions.php snippet will hide the number of spots left unless it is less than 4 (hence the required tweaking).

How do we access the CSS for Event Tickets Plus?

In order to gain full power on your site’s look and feel, I would highly recommend reading the following articles:

In other words, once you find the rules you are interested in tweaking, you can simply add them to either:

• The Custom CSS box from the Divi Options menu (as discussed above)
    • In the style.css file of your Divi Child Theme (also works great)

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

heartwood
    Participant

I can definitely confirm that adding the custom CSS to the Divi Options as
    described in your email *does not work* for more than a day or so. All the
    CSS solutions we have tried as supplied from you do not work properly.

From your communication, it appears the only way to get rid of this
    remaining tickets display is through the functions.php modification.
    Wouldn’t it be better if you offered that control within your plugin?
    Especially since the CSS mods do not work.

We’ll try the functions mod…

Thanks.

Geoff B.

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide number of tickets available’ is closed to new replies.