Hide NEAR LOCATION filter on the Search Bar

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Hide NEAR LOCATION filter on the Search Bar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Julie Duran
    Participant

Hi,
    We use the Enfold theme version 3.0.4. I’ve read the conflict documentation here:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/3-8-breaks-kriesi-enfold-theme-3-0-3-7-worked-fine/
    http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/enfold-3-0-and-tribe-events-calendar-3-8/
    I’ve also tried deactivating all plugins and changed to the 2011(seriously?) theme – still no NEAR LOCATION filter working. See my test site URL below.
    1. If you can provide a “fix” – awesome.
    2. If not, I’ve selected the setting to hide the NEAR LOCATION filter on the other views. Now I would need to hide it on the Map view. Sad, we really wanted to use this feature.
    3. Your plugin is very popular, so is the Enfold Theme. It would be awesome if you could make your clients happy by working out a solution πŸ™‚

Geoff

Hi there, Julie! Thanks for getting in touch and sorry you’re hitting some some trouble here. Let’s see if we can figure it out together. πŸ™‚

First off, thanks for doing your homework–great job finding relevant threads and trying to test for conflicts up front. That’s super appreciated!

Shoot, so it sounds like you’ve already tried using the “Hide location search” option under Events > Settings > Display with no luck.

An alternative would be to hide that portion of the search bar with CSS. Sure, it’s a little hacky, but it will overcome the conflicts. Try adding this to your theme’sΒ style.css file:

tribe-bar-geoloc-filter {
    display: none;
    }

Your plugin is very popular, so is the Enfold Theme. It would be awesome if you could make your clients happy by working out a solution

We agree! As you can probably imagine, we try to make our plugins integrate well with as many themes and plugins possible. That said, we can’t support them all and Enfold strips out some functionality that we are unable to fix on our end. In other words, some fixes have to come at the theme level as well. πŸ™‚

Does this help answer your questions? Please let me know.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Julie! Just checking in to see if there’s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Julie Duran
    Participant

You did good, Geoff. Thanks for the support.

Geoff

My pleasure, Julie! Thanks so much for getting in touch to let us help out.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new thread if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. πŸ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide NEAR LOCATION filter on the Search Bar’ is closed to new replies.