3.8 breaks Kriesi Enfold Theme 3.0 – 3.7 worked fine.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO 3.8 breaks Kriesi Enfold Theme 3.0 – 3.7 worked fine.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    yearntolearn
    Participant

No longer able to set Default stylesheet used for events templates
    i.e, Skeleton Styles, Full Styles, Tribe Events Styles

no longer able to choose and
    Events template.

This worked in 3.7.

Barry

Hi – sorry you’re hitting difficulties.

Can you clarify what you mean when you say you are unable to set the default stylesheet? Do you mean it literally isn’t saving your choice, or that it isn’t taking effect on the frontend?

Your site seems only to offer up a holding page at this time – is there a test site or means of seeing the problem first hand?

Thanks!

yearntolearn
    Participant

This reply is private.

yearntolearn
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

That is strange.

2. Setting Default WordPress theme did fix it, but as i mentioned, this used to work with 3.7 and enfold 3.8broke it.

Just to clarify, because I can see you’ve made some customizations (some of which may have been implemented from within your theme’s functions.php file, etc), does this happen with Enfold even without any customizations?

If so, can you make a .zip of your theme available for download so I can see what’s going on?

yearntolearn
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    I removed the customised css and functions and same problem. I’ll zip up the theme and child theme and send you a link soon.

Cheers.

yearntolearn
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Thanks for sharing πŸ™‚

So it looks like this may actually be a “feature” of your theme – they have code in place that is deliberately designed to remove various settings. With that in mind, I would encourage you to reach out to the theme developer for further assistance on this one.

Most of the code in question though can be found in enfold/config-events-calendar – for example, here is the code that removes the settings we’re discussing in this thread:

//edit/remove some of the options from general tab
    if(!function_exists('avia_events_general_tab'))
    {
    	add_action('tribe_general_settings_tab_fields', 'avia_events_general_tab', 10);

function avia_events_general_tab($options)
    	{
    		$edit_elements 	= array('info-start' => array('html' => '<div id="modern-tribe-info">'), 
    				'upsell-info', 'upsell-info', 'donate-link-info', 'donate-link-pro-info', 'donate-link-heading', 'donate-link', 'info-end'=> array('html'=> avia_tribe_ref()."</div>"));

$options 		= avia_events_modify_options($options, $edit_elements);
    		return $options;
    	}
    }

You could of course go in and purge as much of this as is needed – but that wouldn’t necessarily be the cleanest or most upgrade-friendly way of doing things – so please do check with the theme vendor as to how best you should resolve this one.

I hope that helps πŸ™‚

art2dance
    Participant

Hi all,
    i had the same issue and asked Enfold developers for support. Here is the thread:
    http://www.kriesi.at/support/topic/enfold-3-0-and-tribe-events-calendar-3-8/

Regards
    Paul

Barry

I appreciate you taking the time to link to that thread, Paul – interesting stuff (if a little odd from our perspective πŸ˜‰ ).

yearntolearn
    Participant

Hey Barry, could this be the cause of the issue i’m experiencing on this thread–>.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/change-all-instances-of-events-to-something-solution-has-backend-side-effect/#post-797275
    If so, is there a simple workaround to bring back the missing WP Backend UI elements?

Barry

Hey Barry, could this be the cause of the issue i’m experiencing on this thread–>.
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/change-all-instances-of-events-to-something-solution-has-backend-side-effect/#post-797275

It’s possible, but I don’t think so – the best thing to do though is work with Brian in that thread and apply our standard troubleshooting steps to try and figure out what the cause is.

If so, is there a simple workaround to bring back the missing WP Backend UI elements?

There seems to be, yes – please see the thread from the Kriesi/Enfold support forums linked to by art2dance. In summary:

• Your theme – Enfold – is deliberately removing those settings
    • It sounds like the theme author sees this as a feature
    • You will need to modify the theme code to stop this behaviour and some instructions for doing so exist in that thread

I’m afraid there’s nothing else for us to do on this one – and so I’ll go ahead and close the thread – but, again, would encourage you to reach out to the theme author if you are unhappy or require further help.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘3.8 breaks Kriesi Enfold Theme 3.0 – 3.7 worked fine.’ is closed to new replies.