Hide Google Maps Option in Event submit form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Hide Google Maps Option in Event submit form

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Oliver
    Participant

Hi,

in the Events Submit form there are two options to display a Google Map and a link to a Google Map:
    http://www.treffpunkt-jazz.de/events/community/add

I want to hide these options, but make them both still be activated.

In Version < 4.1 this was possible by changing the code in /tribe-events/community/modules/venue.php

In the recent version the code disappeared unfortunately and was replaced by a function – I think this one:
    $metabox = new Tribe__Events__Linked_Posts__Chooser_Meta_Box( $event, Tribe__Events__Venue::POSTTYPE );

Can you give me the hint how to approach my request, e.g. the file where the code is now?

Best regards,
    Oliver

PS: I created a feature request for this as well, maybe you can discuss this with Barry or the other developers 🙂
    https://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/19181665-optimize-clean-up-event-submit-form-by-removing

Nico

Hi there Oliver,

Thanks for getting in touch once again with us!

Taking a quick look I’m not sure of the solution, but give me some time to share this with dev and find the best way to do this (although some CSS + JS will certainly do the trick).

Be back to you soon!

Best,
    Nico

Nico

Hey Oliver,

Sorry for the delay in my reply! The suggestion that came back was to suggest you to try Community Events 4.5 (new version release candidates available at your downloads page) which hides these fields by default.

If that doesn’t sound like a good option or you still need an immediate solution I can craft a JS snippet to achieve this (as there’s no easy PHP workaround now).

Please let me know about it,
    Best,
    Nico

Oliver
    Participant

Hi Nico,

I can’t use a Release Candidate on a productive website 😉

Do you know when V4.5 will be available?

Maybe I just wait until it’s there.

Regards,
    Oliver

Nico

Well that’s a great point Oliver 🙂

You can start to test it in staging environment if you have one. Release is scheduled for early next month (June 6, although it might get delayed one week or two) so I guess you can wait probably.

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide Google Maps Option in Event submit form’ is closed to new replies.