Hide from list but show on calendar view

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Hide from list but show on calendar view

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Javier
    Participant

Is it possible to hide an event from list but show it on calendar view (widget and page) ?

Thanks

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, jmbalsa. Excellent question!

While it is, certainly, possible to make this happen, it would not be a simple solution. Unfortunately, we’re not in a position to help with that kind of customization on the support forum. If you’d like to see it as a feature in an upcoming release, please do suggest it in our User Voice forum.

If you decide to take this on personally, we’re happy to help keep you pointed in the right direction. It definitely sounds like a cool idea!

Javier
    Participant

And is it possible just for the calendar view (widget and month view) to only show an specific category?

Thanks

Kelly
    Participant

Absolutely, jmbalsa! 🙂

For the widget, that’s configured when you add it to the sidebar: http://d.pr/i/qegN. For the main calendar pages, you simply navigate to the appropriate URL, e.g. yoursite.com/events/category/category-slug/.

Does that make sense? Is there anything else I can help you with?

Javier
    Participant

I need it without navigation something like this:
    $eventPosts = tribe_get_events(array(
    ‘eventDisplay’=>’month’,
    ‘tax_query’=>array(
    array(
    ‘taxonomy’ => ‘tribe_events_cat’,
    ‘field’ => ‘id’,
    ‘terms’ => 4,
    ‘operator’ => ‘IN’
    )
    )
    ));

Is it possible?

Thanks

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, jmbalsa. While it is possible that you can write something to make this happen, it’s not the sort of bespoke customization that we can offer support for in this forum.

Unfortunately, your snippet does not look like it will work. Your best bet is to use the URL/category-based filtering as that will always be supported.

Sorry that I can’t offer more here. Best of luck as you continue to craft your solution!

Javier
    Participant

This reply is private.

Kelly
    Participant

Great news on finding a solution, jmbalsa! 🙂 Well done!

For your new issue, please submit a separate thread. We strive to keep our support threads to one issue each. We’ll be happy to help you in your new thread.

Thanks so much!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide from list but show on calendar view’ is closed to new replies.