Hide event from upcoming events list

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Hide event from upcoming events list

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Henry

Under “event options” when creating a new event you have the option to hide from the upcoming events list.

Is there a way to also hide the event from appearing on the calendar?

Henry

I still can’t figure this one out. Any ideas how to do this?

Rob

Hey Henry. Sorry about the delayed response here, hadn’t seen your initial message. Thanks for the follow-up.

The only way to hide it on the calendar at this point would be to use the multi-day event cutoff, which only works for events up until a certain point. You could probably hide individual events on the frontend with some customization (though I’m not positive and would need Jonah to comment there). Do you think this would be of value to add to the overall code base? Want me to see if Jonah has any other thoughts, too?

Henry

Hey Rob, not really sure if people would find this feature valuable, after all the whole idea of publishing events is to have them displayed nicely.

The hide from list checkbox works well for me because I can create a new event and send a link to the event organiser to review the information published. Then after approval, I unhide the event.

I just noticed the hide from list feature only hides from list.php. grid.php (the calendar) still displays the event.

I am happy to custom code it myself, perhaps Jonah could point me in the right direction?

Rob

Ah, gotcha. Yeah…the hide-from-list feature doesn’t impact the grid unfortunately. I can totally get Jonah to take a look and try to point you in the right direction though. He’ll be hitting the forums later this morning and I’ll get him to take a look at that point.

Thanks man!

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Henry,

I’m not quite sure how to get it so this option applies to the gridview – I could probably figure it out but it would take some digging/hacking. I could definitely see the use in this option applying to gridview though and from an overall usability aspect, it doesn’t make much sense to have an option to hide an event in only one place but it still displays everywhere else. I’m going to add a feature request to get this added in a future version.

I do remember helping somebody else out with something similar to this but they were just doing it with event categories which was much easier because then you can either modify the queries to exclude that category or hide it with CSS.

But, why wouldn’t you just make the event Private in the publish options and then give the organizer a login to be able to login and view the private event?

Henry

Hi Jonah,

Thanks for raising a feature request, would certainly be of some value to me as I make use of “hide from list” quite a lot and I agree it does make sense to hide from everywhere.

The only issue I have with handing out a login is the time it will take to set up a new user each time and hand out their login details. A link is much simpler, plus the event will get indexed by Google quicker if the content is live.

Rob

I can see the value add here too, Henry. I’m continuing to make a case for it on our projects system too, where we’re debating the value. No guarantees and there sadly isn’t much I can offer up in the short-term, but I did want you to be aware that it’s being discussed.

Sorry I couldn’t offer up more in the short-term. If you’ve got other questions please do let me know.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide event from upcoming events list’ is closed to new replies.