hide custom field from events submission form

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO hide custom field from events submission form

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Joe
    Participant

Hi there. I’m wondering if it is possible to hide a single custom field from the community events submission form? I’d like admins to be able to check a box which is set up as one of the custom fields (e.g. verified event), but I don’t want event organisers to be able to see this box.

My end goal is for users to, using the filters, be able to filter out unverified events. But of course event organisers can’t verify their own events, if that makes sense!

Thank you.

Geoff

Howdy Joe!

Absolutely. You should be able to hide the custom fields from the Community Events submission form by adding this to either your theme’sย style.css file or using the Simple Custom CSS plugin:

#event_custom {
    display: none;
    }

Will that work for you? Please let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Joe
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for your quick reply. I was wondering if there was a way to hide one particular custom field, and leave the rest visible? Or alternatively to add a custom field that is only visible from the back end?

Many thanks

Geoff

Hi Joe,

You could still likely use CSS to accomplish hiding one particular custom field. For example, the first one:

#event_custom:first-child {
    }

There may very well be other ways to do this but I believe that would take a fair bit of custom development.

Cheers,
    Geoff

Joe
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

Thanks for the quick reply. That solution would work perfectly for me. However the code did not work unfortunately ๐Ÿ™

Geoff

Hi Joe,

Here’s something that works for me when trying to hide the first custom field on the page:

.tribe-events-community-details tr:nth-child(2) {
    }

Doesย that work for you too? Please let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Joe
    Participant

Ah you are amazing – that has done the job perfectly! Thank you for your very quick and expert help with this!

Geoff

My pleasure! I’m so glad that did the trick. ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please feel free to open a new one if any other questions pop up — we’d be more than happy to help.

Cheers and thanks for using the plugins!

Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘hide custom field from events submission form’ is closed to new replies.