Hide Category (cont'd)

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Hide Category (cont'd)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    gotmuck
    Participant

In this post https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/hide-category/ it mentioned that the ability to hide certain categories from the filter bar would be a possibility in 3.6… Any update if this is now a simple possibility?

Geoff

Hi there, Hergen! Thanks for getting in touch. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good question. I checked the release notes for version 3.6 and didn’t see that feature included. It’s also something I’m not aware of in any recent versions as well.

However, it does appear that the ability to remove categories from the Filter Bar is remarkably easier than it was when that thread was posted and can be done with some CSS. For example, let’s say we have an event category called Barbecue and another called Concert that we want to hide. We can target that category and hide it by adding this to the theme’sย style.css file:

.tribe-events-filter-checkboxes li.tribe-events-category-barbecue,
    .tribe-events-filter-checkboxes li.tribe-events-category-concertย {
    display: none;
    }

This would hide both categories if using the checkbox option in the Filter Bar settings.

Does that make sense? Will that work for you? Please let me know. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

I also wanted to share this snippet with you. You can add it to your theme’sย functions.php file and it will accomplish the same thing by modifying it with your event categories. This is a good alternative to the CSS solution if you prefer to remove the category rather than hide it. ๐Ÿ™‚

Geoff

gotmuck
    Participant

Both solutions work! Thanks so much ๐Ÿ˜‰

Geoff

Awesome–I’m glad that helps! Thanks for following up and confirming.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please feel free to hit us up with a new one if any other questions pop up. We’d be happy to help. ๐Ÿ™‚

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide Category (cont'd)’ is closed to new replies.