Hide category

Home Forums Calendar Products Filter Bar Hide category

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gian
    Participant

Hi,
    I would like to know how to hide a category in the filter bar.
    Tnank you.

Barry

Hi @gian,

Right now that would be a little trickier than might be ideal – but we’d certainly welcome any feature requests you might post covering areas like this one where you see a need to be able to customize. If you are comfortable with WordPress development in general though, you could approach the problem right now in one of two ways:

• The first would be by changing the arguments used to build the list of categories (using WordPress’s get_terms_args filter)
      • Since that filter is used throughout WordPress you would want to set up and remove your own filter so as not to impact on anything else
      • You could probably leverage our own tribe_before_get_template_part and tribe_after_get_template_part hooks for this sort of targeted setup and tear down
    • Alternatively, and in some ways a little less refined of an approach, you might simply do some string manipulation by using the tribe_get_template_part_content filter

I appreciate both of the above approaches have their drawbacks – right now though there aren’t too many other avenues.

I hope that helps 🙂

gian
    Participant

Hello Barry failing to proceed following the tips you have given me I have temporarily solved by changing the name of the category and leaving it visible.

Barry

That’s understandable! It unfortunately isn’t the very easiest process right now – however we have logged an issue to help make tweaks like this one easier going forward and so in the future hopefully this will be more readily achievable.

Since you’ve worked around things for the time being and there isn’t much else we can do in the short term I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but please do feel free to post new threads if you have any further questions/hit other difficulties.

Thanks!

Barry

Unfortunately we weren’t able to squeeze this one into our next upcoming release (3.5) but I wanted to drop a note in here to let you know it’s still on our radar and we will try hard to fit it in to the next release instead. Thanks for your support and patience in the meantime!

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to let you know that we have been working diligently on a fix for this issue. Our next release (3.6) will be available soon and should correct this problem. Please keep an eye on your Plugins and Updates pages for a version update. If you are still having problems after updating, please start a new thread with the details and we can assist you.

Best,
    Leah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide category’ is closed to new replies.