Hide Categories on Submit Event Form

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Hide Categories on Submit Event Form

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    jebs38
    Participant

Jason,
    I need to hide some categories from the submit form and I have not been able to get this custom css (from the forum post listed below) to work:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/event-categories/
    It also seems that choosing a category is not mandatory and I need it to be.

Thanks for your time,
    John

jebs38
    Participant

Can I get some help on this issue please!

Leah

Hey John,

I’m sorry we haven’t gotten back to you sooner. Let me take a look and see if I can help. If it’s over my head I’ll have one of our more code-savvy folks take a look. We’ll have a more substantive answer for you as soon as possible. Thanks for your patience.

Cheers,
    Leah

Barry

Hi John. You would need to make sure that the IDs match the category IDs if you are trying to use Jonah’s strategy. For instance:

#event-categories #tribe_events_cat-4

Would relate to a category with an id of 4, so you would need to figure this out. There are two ways of doing this:

• Edit the event category and take a look at the URL – you should see a segment reading tag_id=X where X is the ID
    • If you are familiar with Chrome or Internet Explorer and their developer tools (I’m sure a ton of other browsers have similar capabilities) you might be able to right click the category and figure it out that way. Or you could inspect (view) the source and do it the old fashioned way 🙂

Does that help?

jebs38
    Participant

Barry,
    Thanks for responding. That doesn’t help. I had the correct category ID’s to begin with. I also asked about making choosing a category mandatory. Is that possible?
    John

Barry

John – my apologies for these delays, I’m not sure why this thread slipped the net but it shouldn’t happen again.

Thanks for responding. That doesn’t help. I had the correct category ID’s to begin with.

OK – perhaps you could share a URL so that I can see the markup with my own eyes? Otherwise I am effectively troubleshooting with a blindfold on.

I also asked about making choosing a category mandatory. Is that possible?

I’m sure it is, though it isn’t something that is supported by Community Events “out of the box” and therefore would require some PHP and/or Javascript know-how, depending on how you want to accomplish this.

While it is outside the scope of support that we can offer here to coach you through this it certainly sounds like a worthy feature request and I will add it to the list of possible new features for further consideration by the developers.

Casey
    Participant

I’m closing this thread out, since we haven’t heard back.

John – please open a new thread if you continue to have issues. Thanks!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide Categories on Submit Event Form’ is closed to new replies.