Hide Available Venues

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Hide Available Venues

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    stephenschildbach
    Participant

When a community member is filling out an event form on the front end, they have a dropdown available for “Venue” and “Organizer. The dropdown available for venues shows “My Venues”, and “Available Venues”. “Available venues” is a list the community member would never use, and it is a long list in this case. How would I hide “available venues” in the Venue dropdown?

Geoff

Hi there and thanks for getting in touch!

Interesting question–are you seeing two separate dropdowns/lists for “My Venues” and “Available Venues”? There should only be a single dropdown/list by default on the Community form (screenshot). Are you seeing something different?

If you’re looking to remove that dropdown altogether, that’s certainly possible with a template override (more on this in our Themer’s Guide). Basically, you would duplicate the modules/venue.php file (located in the-events-calendar-community-events/views/community/modules), drop it into your theme directory in a new folder (tribe-events/community/modules) and modify the template to remove the dropdown (Line 56).

Let me know if this is what you’re looking for and we’ll take it from there. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

stephenschildbach
    Participant

My apologies Geoff, I’d forgotten that I posted my two questions separately. We do intend on keeping the Venue dropdown. I see your screenshot, and understand why my question is a little unclear without a screenshot. If you click on “use new venue” the dropdown button as seen in your screenshot, (if there are venues) there are two lists to choose from INSIDE of the dropdown: “my venues” and “available venues”. My client finds the “available venues” to be unnecessary and confusing to the members because they would never use other people’s venues. I’m wondering if there is a way to hide just the list of “available venues”, while keeping the list of “my venues”.

Geoff

No worries! Thanks for following up, that makes a lot more sense. 🙂

Yeah, I see what you mean. Honestly, the Venue dropdown is not as configurable as it probably could be because it isn’t able to be filtered with a function. That means it basically comes down to building a replacement dropdown, which would be likely based on TribeEvents::saved_venues_dropdown(). However, that would be a fairly advanced level of customization.

Sorry I don’t have more of a solid solution for you here, but does this at least shed some more light on how the form is working?

Cheers!
    Geoff

stephenschildbach
    Participant

Now that I better understand how the Venue portion of the form is working, and that it does in fact come from the core plugin, and a function can not be written to filter the venue dropdown we are stuck with either no dropdown, or the dropdown as is. Thank you Geoff, you can close the topic.

Geoff

Sure thing! Thanks for checking back in–please feel free to open a new thread if any other questions pop up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide Available Venues’ is closed to new replies.