Hide attendees list on events pass globally

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Hide attendees list on events pass globally

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Carole Langman
    Participant

Hi, i just updated to the newest version of the Events Calendar Pro and tickets plus and notice that all the events now display an attendees list on the events pages.

I see i can manually hide the list if i go into each event but can’t see a way i can do this across the site. Is there a setting i can change of and code i can add?

Thanks in advance

Barry

Hi Matthew,

One way to do this would be to create a completely blank template override.

The template override process is explained in general terms over here, but in this situation specifically it would involve creating a (completely empty) new file within your theme as follows:

wp-content/themes/YOURTHEME/tribe-events/event-tickets-plus/attendees-list.php

This should essentially remove the attendee list from public display everywhere.

Does that help?

Barry

… I do apologize, the suggested filepath was incorrect – there is no need to nest attendees-list.php within event-tickets-plus. In other words, you would set up the template override like this:

wp-content/themes/YOURTHEME/tribe-events/attendees-list.php

Ivete Tecedor
    Participant

Thanks for this. I’d love to see this be a setting option in the future, it’s a major feature change that surprised me!

Barry

Absolutely.

I’ve proposed this as a new setting (via our internal issue tracker) and have noted both your and Mathew’s interest πŸ™‚

Ivete Tecedor
    Participant

Followup question: How do I remove the attendee list checkbox? I tried creating a tribe-events/tickets/rsvp.php file and removing that checkbox there, but it’s still showing. I’m using Tickets Plus.

Ivete Tecedor
    Participant

Got it! tribe-events/wootickets/tickets.php

Had to change line 104 to:

include WP_PLUGIN_DIR . '/event-tickets-plus/src/views/meta.php';

Barry

Exactly, removing the checkbox from a template override is a great way to do it πŸ™‚

John Niernberger
    Participant

Yeah, a somewhat bizarre decision to add a feature like this with no way to disable it. There are actually privacy issues involved – some event attendees lists shouldn’t ever be made public, and the expectation by attendees is that they won’t be.

Anyway, a better option than overriding the template to remove the checkbox (since that override is going to require maintenance moving forward) is to add this to your theme’s css file:

.tribe-tickets-attendees-list-optout {
    	display: none;
    }
    Barry

Hi John!

Thanks for sharing that tip πŸ™‚

I would highlight though, mostly for the benefits of others hitting this topic, that hiding elements via CSS does not truly remove those elements – so the attendee output would still be discoverable using the solution you’ve suggested. It’s certainly unlikely that ‘lay users’ would realize this but, if privacy is the overriding concern, it’s something to consider.

Remember too that custom CSS can also require onward maintenance, just as can template overrides or custom PHP snippets.

I’ll now go ahead and close this topic: if we can help any one further with this or any other problems please do create a new topic and one of the team will be only too happy to assist.

Leah

Hi there,

I just wanted to pop in here and give you an update. While we weren’t able to get this feature into our upcoming 4.2 release, it is still on our list of ideas to implement in future releases.

We appreciate your patience, and we will be sure to update this thread when we have more news. Thank you for your continued support, and keep an eye out for version 4.2 coming in the next few weeks!

Best,
    Leah
    and The Events Calendar team

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • The topic ‘Hide attendees list on events pass globally’ is closed to new replies.