Hidden event still shows up on list, day views

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Hidden event still shows up on list, day views

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    unhinged
    Participant

I have an event that I marked as hidden. The event is now hidden on the month and week views but it is still visible on the list and day views. How do I hide it in all of the views?

Josh
    Participant

Hello unhinged,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

This is definitely a strange issue to be having. To start off with, one question to make sure we’re looking at the same setup. When setting events as “hidden” are you using this option within the event settings? Or are you taking advantage of the “Private” settings under the post visibility when publishing?

Thanks!

unhinged
    Participant

I am using the former, “Hide Event From Listings”. I had not been trying the WordPress privacy method. Should I be?

Josh
    Participant

Hello unhinged,

Thanks for following up with us!

Not necessarily, just wanted to verify that I was understanding what you were wanting to accomplish with the event and that I was testing with the same settings that you have.

I’ve tested this on a local install and found that there are some irregularities in the way that events display when they are set to be hidden. I’ve created a bug report for this issue and passed it along to our developers to be addressed in an upcoming release.

I apologize for the inconvenience that this issue has caused. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Thanks!

unhinged
    Participant

Do you know which release it will be part of? Will it be in Pro or Vanilla Calendar, or both? Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hello unhinged,

Thanks for following up.

I can’t say a specific date or release that this will be fixed. We will however update you on the progress of the ticket here and you will be notified when the fix is ready to be shipped.

I apologize again for any inconvenience.

Thanks!

pacovidal
    Participant

Hello! I have the same problem, though the event post marked as “hidden” appears only on Day View, not on List View. It would be great to be able to have it completely hidden.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Pacovidal,

Thanks for reaching out! However, it’s typically best to open a new ticket to ensure we’re able to get your issue addressed as quickly as possible while not blowing up the email of another user with a potentially different root issue.

We are working on a fix for this issue and it will be coming in an upcoming release. You’ll be notified via this thread when the solution will be ready for release. Until then, if you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new ticket.

Thanks!

Leah

Hello,

Thank you again for bringing this issue to our attention. We’re happy to say that we have added a fix for this into our upcoming version 3.11 release. Keep an eye on your Updates page for the new version. If you have any trouble with the update (or are still seeing this problem after you update) please start a new thread and we’d be happy to help out.

Thank you for your patience while we got this release ready to go!

Best,
    Leah
    and the rest of The Events Calendar team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Hidden event still shows up on list, day views’ is closed to new replies.