Hi, why is one of the events acting as the page title?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Hi, why is one of the events acting as the page title?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carl
    Participant

Hi, why is one of the events acting as the page title? How do I change this?

The page title is showing as: [GIG] PLINI & INTERVALS

Carl
    Participant

I just put in a feature image and that too is showing above the listings. How do I make it so I can change the title and no image?
    It’s using the first event as the title for the whole calender along with the image.
    http://heavymag.com.au/gigs/

Brook
    Participant

Howdy Carl,

I would love to help you with this.

That looks like the result of a conflict between The Events Calendar and your theme. But no worries there, there are probably a few workarounds. Let’s start with the easiest:

You might try a different template in WP-Admin > Events > Settings > Display . the least likely to conflict is usually the Default Events Template. If you change to this and hit update, does it fix this? If not, try each of the templates from the drop down, hit update and retest. Does one work?

If you’d prefer to not change templates a little CSS might do the trick. Perhaps we could just hide those elements with CSS. If you don’t like how “hacky” CSS is then the only remaining option is going to be to modify your theme a bit. If one of the above templates did stop the conflict, it just did not look how you wanted, then you should create a new WP “Page Template” in your (child?) theme, and modify it to look proper but not include a feature image/title at the top.

Does that all make sense? Will one of those work for you? Please let me know.

Cheers!

– Brook

Carl
    Participant

THANK YOU! I tried the first suggestion but that didn’t work. Then I change the Events template to the default… not sure why it wasn’t on it. And now it displays how I want it! Awesome thanks!

Carl
    Participant

Now, how do I remove “Upcoming Events”? It’s not needed as I’ve put in a custom H1 – HEAVY GIG GUIDE

Also, MOZ tool is showing there is over 1000 H2’s on the page… http://heavymag.com.au/gigs/
    Any solution to this?

• This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Carl.
    • This reply was modified 7 years, 7 months ago by Carl.
    Brook
    Participant

Hey Carl,

I see you opened up a new topic for the title issue. Thank you so much for doing that, and confirming that this solution worked. I’ll help you in the new topic.

Cheers!

– Brook

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Hi, why is one of the events acting as the page title?’ is closed to new replies.