Help with "next" & "previous" links on Archive Pages

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Help with "next" & "previous" links on Archive Pages

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Hey there-
    I’m sort of at a loss on this & not sure where to find correct files to edit (not even sure if they’re within my theme or within Events Calendar or Events Calendar Pro files). I have set up “by date” filters for my client’s site which bring up events on a given date in “archive page” format: http://greatmaineoutdoorweekend.org/events/2012-03-04/. Currently, these pages are not showing all events available on the selected date & the “next/previous” links are not appearing. How can I correct this?

Also, my client has requested we make the “next/previous” links more bold (they are appearing at the bottom of this page as an example: http://greatmaineoutdoorweekend.org/events/) Where do I find these files to modify?

Thanks so much…

Rob

Hey Kristen: thanks for reaching out. The plugin should feature a single day view option out of the box; did you work around that, or have you modified it somehow? Not sure if I understand there. Let me know so I can figure out whether this is a bug with how single day view operates, or if you’ve got custom code in there that may be conflicting.

For the next/previous links: have you checked out single.php? You’re referencing the links within individual entries, correct?

Lynne

I’m having this same problem.

When you view by a particular day, if that day has more than 10 events, 11-x do not show, and there are no previous/next links. When I look at Firebug, the code is there but it is greyed out (as if deactivated), however there are no styles set to display: none.

I’ve looked at single.php and see the previous/next links at the bottom, so I know they are in there.

In list.php, there is a section that is commented about day views that I’m wonder is effecting it (not sure if code below will show up…)

<a class='tribe-events-button-on' href='’>
    <a class='tribe-events-button-off' href='’>

Lynne

Okay, not all of the code showed up. Guess only a tags are acceptable. Anyway, if you search for ” // day view doesn’t have a grid ” on list.php, you’ll see what I’m referring to.

Lynne

I just fixed this issue (sort of).

Still can’t get the next/previous links to show up on single day lists, however in your Reading Settings in WordPress, there is a section that says:

Blog pages show at most X posts

I had mine set to 10. So, I set it to 50 and now all of one day’s events show up in that day.

Rob

Thanks Lynne. Glad to hear you made some progress on this front; I’ve also asked our dev Jonah to take a look when he hits the forums later today to see if he has any ideas on getting next/previous to show up on single day lists.

Jonah
    Participant

@Kristel,

Regarding the first issue of the prev/next links not displaying on specific day lists, I’m not sure about this one… I’m going to need to bring in another dev to take a look.

On the second issue, you can style the links via CSS in your theme’s style.css file or create a duplicate copy of /wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/resources/events.css and place in an ‘events’ folder in your theme and make whatever changes you want to style the links differently.

@ Lynne

As I mentioned above I’m going to have another dev step in to comment on the prev/next links not showing on specific day lists.

Regards,
    Jonah

Joey Kudish

Hi everyone,

Stepping in here to help out.

First of all, we released 2.0.4 this morning which has some bug fixes and few minor new features. I recommend you upgrade as one of the new options is to set how many events show up on any event based loop, without interfering with, and independently of your setting on the Reading page (aka how many blog posts show up).

That being said, I’ve tested out a few things and it does indeed seem that we don’t have pagination set-up for single-day views. Unfortunately this will take a bit of work on our side and not something I can just tell you how to implement over this thread. I’ve logged this as an issue for our team, and we’ll take care of it in a future release.

In the mean time, I wrote a quick filter that you can add to your theme’s functions.php file or as a standalone mini-plugin that will filter the number of events to display on the single day view to display all the events rather than the amount set by your setting, here’s the code: https://gist.github.com/1897199

Hope that helps,
    Joey

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Help with "next" & "previous" links on Archive Pages’ is closed to new replies.