Help Me Determine Why My Site is Slow

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Help Me Determine Why My Site is Slow

• This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 7 years ago by Marian.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Marian
    Participant

I am trying to determine why my site is slow and giving off 404 and server 500 errors. Using a query monitor I am sending 5 images of slow queries for the events calendar/events calendar pro. Any feedback that you can give me is appreciated.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marian!

Thanks for getting in touch with us! 🙂

There may be some queries that are more expensive than others in terms of performance, but they really depend on many variables like number of events, calendar view and settings and server resources.

We have a great article that will get you started on Performance Considerations you should know about. After that, if you decide to implement a caching system then you can move to these articles: Caching: What, when and how and Caching month view HTML in transients

Finally, there is a good article George put up here that groups a set of developer plugins. It’s a bit more technical than the others but will definitely be of help if you are into development. I can see you are already using Query Monitor which is in that list too.

I hope that helps and let me know if you have any other questions.

Best,
    Victor

Marian
    Participant

Thank you Victor. I will start work with your suggestions.
    Marian

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marian!

I’m glad to be of help!

Since you marked this as resolved I’ll go ahead and close this thread, but feel free to open a new one when needed and we’ll be happy to help! 🙂

Cheers!
    Victor

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Help Me Determine Why My Site is Slow’ is closed to new replies.