Help! I broke it.

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Help! I broke it.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    joedailey
    Participant

I’m using Generate Press theme 1.1.9. Also using the List Category Posts plugin to populate a page with all posts categorized as “Events” (I think there might be a conflict there?). Anyway, after installing the Events Calendar, and creating new events, everything was working just fine. Now all my previous blog posts (news) are missing. The Events Page works as it did prior to installing the Events Calendar. The News Page displays a calendar, but not properly configured. How do I return to an Events Page that displays events?

Geoff

Hi there Joseph, welcome to the forums! Sorry you’re running into an issue here, but let’s see if we can tackle it together. 🙂

I think you are correct and that it sounds like there is a conflict with the List Category Posts plugin. Honestly, I’m unfamiliar with that plugin, but I would start by removing any shortcodes you tried using with an Events category. Events posts are their own post type, so using the shortcode would probably not work with that plugin anyway.

You can find the link to your calendar by heading over to Events > Settings. There will be a link at the very top of the screen that takes you right to your calendar (screenshot). You can change the URL for your calendar on the same screen in the “Events URL slug” field.

If you have created any pages with the same URL of your calendar, I would either remove them or change their slugs to something else to avoid conflicts.

I’m a little confused why events would be displaying on your News page. My hunch is that you’re using one of the List Category shortcodes there as well, but it’s tough for me to tell. Do you have a link for it?

Are you able to remove those instances where the Events shortcodes are being used and confirm the correct link to your Event calendar? Please let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

joedailey
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Thanks for clarifying, Joseph! It’s greatly appreciated. 🙂

The first thing I would suggest is checking that the option to include events in the main blog loop is disabled. You can do that in Events > Settings (screenshot). Hopefully that will separate News posts from Events posts.

Otherwise, I suspect there may be a theme conflict at play. Could you try temporarily activating the default Twenty Thirteen theme, to see if the issue happens there as well?

If disabling the theme fixes it, that’s good news! It means we have narrowed the issue down to a theme conflict.

If the issue is still there when using the default Twenty Thirteen theme, then we can try testing for conflicts with other installed plugins. Using the Twenty Thirteen, please try deactivating all of your plugins, except for the ones from Modern Tribe. Does that solve the problem? If so, reactivate the plugins one at a time until the issue pops back up, then tell me which one was causing the issue.

These steps are also outlined here if you want some more details on how to test for conflicts.

Give those steps a shot and let me know what you find.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there Joseph, just checking in to see if there’s been any further update or if you still need assistance on this one–let me know. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Geoff

Hey there, Joseph! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new a new thread and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

joedailey
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

No worries! It’s my pleasure and I’m happy things got sorted out. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Help! I broke it.’ is closed to new replies.