Help choosing plugins

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Help choosing plugins

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Robert

Hello,

I am pricing a website for a local non-profit and would like some help choosing the right package/plugins that would do what they need to do.

1) They are a non-profit. I understand you have a program for non-profits so I will have them apply for it.
    2) They will be posting events and will need to sell tickets to those events through the event page
    3) Some events will be free but would still like people to register for the event through the event page
    4) some events will have a portion of the costs be tax-deductable. Is it possible to do that?
    5) Do I need additional software like woocommerce for the ticket sales or will it go straight to Paypal or something like that?
    6) I use the DIVI theme by Elegant Themes to build websites. Is there anything regarding that theme that I need to know?

Is there anything else I might find useful?

Thank you very much for your help

Robert

George
    Participant

Hey Robert,

Thanks for reaching out – I’ll address each of your questions in order:

1) They are a non-profit. I understand you have a program for non-profits so I will have them apply for it.
    2) They will be posting events and will need to sell tickets to those events through the event page
    3) Some events will be free but would still like people to register for the event through the event page
    4) some events will have a portion of the costs be tax-deductable. Is it possible to do that?

1-3 here are all possible and doable. As for managing costs that are tax-deductible, our WooCommerce Tickets add-on does not currently have its own feature for this. This may be achievable, however, within WooCommerce itself, which I will touch on further below.

5) Do I need additional software like woocommerce for the ticket sales or will it go straight to Paypal or something like that?

Yes – none of our Tickets plugins are standalone plugins, think of them as double-add-ons that are “add-ons” for both The Events Calendar and WooCommerce.

So you need WooCommerce. It powers the entire payment system. The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets is not a payment platform, and anything related to taxes or the checkout process or PayPal or anything like that are all handled through WooCommerce. The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets just connects Events to these WooCommerce-provided features, so that a new product type (“tickets”) can be sold on your site for events 🙂

6) I use the DIVI theme by Elegant Themes to build websites. Is there anything regarding that theme that I need to know?

Not that I know of! There are many, many people who use the Divi theme with The Events Calendar and love the combination. If you have further questions about theme, contact the Elegant Themes support team – they provide good support.

I hope this all helps!
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Help choosing plugins’ is closed to new replies.