Help

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Mary Donnelly
    Participant

Hi,

Facebook aggregator has been the only feature I used in the past 2 years. I have built a website and huge following based on this one thing, that is now broken.

Can you please tell me the best way to have venues keep their events up to date with my calendar. If this does not include the aggregator, can you please exchange my aggregator product for what you suggest?

Edward

Hey Mary, thanks for reaching out!

I can’t express how sorry we are that Facebook didn’t grant The Events Calendar access to it’s new API. We’re super frustrated as well! Thanks so much for being patient, you rock!

We recently published an article that describes a couple workarounds for getting your Facebook events imported → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/how-to-import-facebook-events-into-event-aggregator/

Take a look at that and see if any of those options work for you. If not, let me know and we can talk alternatives.

Take care,
    Ed ✌️

Mary Donnelly
    Participant

Hi,

Exporting all upcoming Facebook events is a good temporary solution.
    What I want to transition into is a more direct connection with venues and organizers. I am interested in synching calendars with them all, but only if there are pictures.. does iCal or google cal do pictures?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Mary,

Google Calendar does not have a field for a featured image, so unfortunately there is no way to import that.

If the image is placed in the description of the event, then that will be imported as part of the description, and it will not be made a featured image.

I hope this explains.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Just want to make you aware that there is the option to import events from one The Events Calendar to the other, and that would transfer featured images over.

A.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Help’ is closed to new replies.