Headway Theme (3.2.4) conflict with calendar view of a category

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Headway Theme (3.2.4) conflict with calendar view of a category

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Ben

I am trying to power an intranet site with WP3.4.1, Headway3.2.4 and The Events Calendar 2.0.8.

The problem I am having is simple to explain. When I try to display a category-specific calendar view, the calendar will not render. There is an obvious conflict. It’s not caused by another plugin (I’ve disabled them all, save TEC and TECP). It’s not browser specific (it loads with the same error in 5 browsers: Chrome, FF, IE, Safari and Opera).

What is rendered in error (instead of the calendar view) is a text paragraph in excerpt style (complete with Continue Reading button) which reads like this:

“Events for July, 2012 » ← June 2012 January February March April May June July August September October November December 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016 2017 August 2012 → Event List Calendar SunMonTueWedThuFriSat 1 2 3Deliveries Deliveries Deliveries July 3, 2012 Battalion 02 deliveries of station wear (uniforms) from the…”

Deliveries are events I created for July 3, 4 and 5 2012.

It is a direct conflict between TECP and Headway. When I switch the theme back to the default (WP’s 2011 Theme), the category view of the calendar works just fine and filters to show only the specific category.

I have been in contact with Headway support on this thread:
    http://support.headwaythemes.com/discussion/15308/the-events-calendar-pro-plugin-issue

Their support people say they are happy to work with you guys to resolve this issue. I, as a paying customer of both them and you, really NEED this to work.

I’m going to copy and paste the URL this thread generates into my discussion there in Headway’s forum and vice versa.

Can both camps please be in touch to help resolve this issue? I am confident a solution can be created and I look forward to that happening. Your product is awesome. Their product is awesome, and I need them to be awesome together.

Thanks!
    -Ben

ps: The thread to this issue on their forum, again, is here:
    http://support.headwaythemes.com/discussion/15308/the-events-calendar-pro-plugin-issue

I have included a screenshot on that thread since this issue is occuring on localhost (this project is for an intranet site at work). But I am happy to replicate the issue on a live webserver for the benefit of both support teams to be able to proper troubleshoot this.

Thank you!

Joyce Grace

Hello Ben,
    Thanks for being in touch about this. I have contacted the right people to hopefully get this solved for you, though it is outside of my own scope. I just wanted you to know someone has read this and is taking action on it 🙂

Ben

That’s excellent. Thank you very much. I am looking forward to the solution!!

Ben

Joyce,
    Grant from Headway (he is the co-founder) just posted a reply to my thread there:

He said no one from Modern Tribe has contacted him. But said that your team can reach him directly at [email protected]

What other information can you provide in follow up? Thank you.

Rob

Hey Ben. Thanks for the follow-up. Just a heads up that it can take us up to 48 hours between responses on this forum here, especially this month as we’re down a support team member the next few weeks. We appreciate your patience and understanding in that regard.

I’ve still got to verify that this isn’t related to the same Headway problem we had a few months ago but will reach out to Grant directly if it isn’t, most likely sometime this evening. Thanks again for your patience on this and please let me know if you have any questions.

Rob

Also, Ben…doesn’t look like that thread link is accesible to me. I guess Headway locks their forums down to anyone without an account? Should be able to workaround it, so long as the context from it is in this thread (if it isn’t…would be awesome if you could maybe post a screenshot or the highlights of whatever we’re missing). Cheers!

Ben

Hi Rob, yeah I realized that, and they brought it to my attention as well. Anyway, I have recreated this problem on the interwebs on a live server and it replicates what I’m experiencing on localhost.

I have created users for you guys and the Headway guys on the WP install to troubleshoot the problem. Email me directly for the login details.

You can view the problem here: http://teamtupper.com/cal/

Then click on the links in the main menu to see how the problem is manifesting itself.

This is a brand new install of WP, with Headway and ECP (not pro – I only bought one license and it’s in use on my localhost install at work). But one thing I have discovered is that the problem is happening with just the base ECP plugin, so right there we have eliminated one possible cause (the Pro plugin).

Ben

You can reach me at [email protected]

Ben

Strangely the problem was occurring, but now after changing some styling in Headway’s Visual Editor, the problem has UNmanifested itself. I’m going to continue to investigate.

Also, Grant from Headway said “We are not going to try to trouble shot the plugin. If the plugin developer wants to get with us, we are happy to visit with them. However, if they don’t, and if you don’t get help there, I would suggest you find another plugin.”

Not exactly the answer I was looking for. I apparently misunderstood his messages from earlier in the thread.

Ben

I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

This is great! There is a setting in Headway’s Visual Editor (VE) which solves this problem.

I’m going to follow up with the documentation later today.

Ben

In Headway’s VE follow these directions to get a Category (only) View of the calendar: Go to Grid > Content Block > Options.

Next, at the bottom of the screen in the VE select Display > Entry Content Display > Show Full Entries

This fixes the issue I was experiencing, b/c the default setting in Headway’s VE is to Show Excerpt (for blog post’s in a Content Block). This was rending the Category (only) Calendar view as a blob of unformatted text (instead of the calendar) with a “Continue Reading” button at the end.

Understanding the solution now… the problem was obvious, I just wasn’t thinking. Anyway, I stumbled upon the solution, but one of the Forum Moderators (Gary) at Headway also pointed this out when he jumped in to assist on the thread.

Problem solved, and I can move forward with my intranet project. Thanks guys!

Rob

So awesome to hear you got this figured, Ben – thanks for confirming as much and sorry we couldn’t do more to help you get there. I’m going to mark your last response here as the answer so other users with Headway (of which there are quite a few) can find value in your post.

As always, if we can do anything else down the road, please let us know.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Headway Theme (3.2.4) conflict with calendar view of a category’ is closed to new replies.