"Header" in community templates should be customizable

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO "Header" in community templates should be customizable

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jesse

“My Events” and “Not %user%? Log Out” should be included in the templates… I would like to move those around in my theme without having to edit the core plugin files.

Thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Jesse,

You can edit both of these things without modifying core files. For the page title, you’ll need to tap into your theme wherever the_title is being called (page.php or header.php likely) and conditionally set the title for the community pages with this conditional code:

if(tribe_is_community_my_events_page()) {
    echo 'were on the my events page';
    } elseif(tribe_is_community_edit_event_page()) {
    echo 'were on the add/edit events page';
    }

For the “Not %user%…”, make a copy of /wp-content/plugins/events-community/views/my-events.php and place in an ‘events/community/’ folder within your theme and edit away!

I hope that helps,
    Jonah

Jesse

It seems to be removable like you said for the my-events.php template, but not for event-form.php…

Jonah
    Participant

You’re right Jesse, I’ll put in a request to be able to change these somehow. In the meantime you’ll either need to edit the core files or change things with some jQuery trickery.

Cheers,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

One question Jesse, couldn’t you move things around with CSS?

Jesse

of course… but not preferable. I’ll just modify the plugin for now.
    thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

Sounds good Jesse, I’ve put the request in but no guarantees when of if that’ll get implemented.

Cheers,
    Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘"Header" in community templates should be customizable’ is closed to new replies.