Having two Calendars

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Having two Calendars

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Amber Thomas

Hello!

With the free (or paid version) plugin, Can you have two (2) different Calanders on one site?

Caroline

Hi Amber,

Thanks for reaching out! If you need to display multiple calendars with specific sets of events on your site, you can use the category functionality built into The Events Calendar to achieve this easily. Category views will display by default using the same view that the main calendar is set to, so it’s a great way to have multiple calendars with unique events on each one. You can see an example of a category-specific calendar on our WP Shindig demo site here!

If you’d like to go a step further and embed category-specific calendar views into specific posts or pages, the [tribe_events] shortcode available in Events Calendar PRO will let you do just that. You can read more about this shortcode and how to use it on our Knowledgebase here.

I hope that helps to get you started here! Thanks again, and let me know if you should have any other questions!

Amber

Hello!!! Thankyou for your response!!!

I am still confuse on the directions you have given for multiple calendar use.

I have an two venues and would like to showcase two (2) different calendars for the two different venues, that will have two different sets of booking dates. (I hope that makes sense).

Can I achieve this with the event calendar plugin?
    Amnd is my only way to achieve this is with the category functionality?
    If so, how do I set this up, so that my calendar(options) looks like the example that you have shown?http://wpshindig.com/events/category/tech-events/

Caroline

Hi Amber,

No worries; I’m happy to help! πŸ™‚ You’ll definitely have the easiest time displaying two separate calendars with unique events by using the category functionality as described above. Simply create two categories, one for each of your two venues, then create your events so that each venue’s events are assigned to the appropriate category. From there, it’s just a matter of linking to the category pages for each event (your links will use the same format as the WP Shindig link used in our example). Or, if you’re using Events Calendar PRO, you can use the [tribe_events] shortcode to embed calendars for each category into existing posts or pages. For example, if you wanted to embed a calendar for a category named “Venue One” with the category slug venue-one, you’d use this shortcode:

[tribe_events category="venue-one"]

Entering this shortcode into an existing post or page of your site will embed a full calendar displaying just the events for that category on that page, right at the location where you placed the shortcode.

Let me know if that helps to clarify things or if you should still have any questions here! πŸ™‚ Cheers, and thanks again!

Amber

Thanks Caroline for your clarification.

I have created the two categories for my two different venues.

I have a two links on my website, one link takes you to my venue one calendar…. and another link that will take you to my venue two calendar. HOWEVER…these calendars show the same dates for both venue one and venue two.

I was trying to set it up so that my clients can see a calendar with events for venue one – and a calendar with events (that are different) for venue two.

Omg does this makes sense!!!!!???

I made the categories but this doesn’t make the calendars separate.

Will I be able to achieve this only with event calendar pro??

Caroline

Hi Amber,

Thanks for following up–I’m so sorry for any confusion here! If I’m understanding you correctly, Events Calendar PRO shouldn’t be required for what you’re attempting to do here. Just to be sure IΒ do understand, though, are you wanting to have two separate sets of events, each displayed on their own calendar page? As long as the following are true, you should be able to maintain two separate calendars of events using the category views described here:

• Each venue has its own unique category, and no other events are assigned to that category
    • Each venue has its own unique set of events
    • Each event for a given venue is assigned to the category for that venue

It’s worth noting that these category-based calendar views are just that–different views–and they won’t change the content of your main calendar (which is displayed by default at [yoursite.com]/events). Your main calendar will always contain all of your events, regardless of your category setup. However, using categories to create calendar views in this way can be useful if you just need to provide easy access to a specific calendar of events.

If you’re still having trouble or if you’d just prefer to have another set of eyes to review your setup, I’d be more than glad to take a look at your site and see how your category views are currently displaying. Feel free to reply here with a link, and I’ll review and see if I can provide any suggestions. πŸ™‚

I hope that helps! Thanks again, and as always, please let me know if you should have any other questions!

Amber

Thanks Caroline!!!!!

I was able to achieve what I needed!!!!! I just had to re read the directions carefully.

Thanks again !!!

Caroline

Hi Amber,

Awesome, I’m so thrilled to hear it! You are so very welcome! πŸ˜€Β It looks like you’re all sorted by now, so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out, if that’s alright with you! Please don’t hesitate to follow up with a new thread at any time if there’s anything else that we can do to assist. πŸ™‚ Cheers, and thanks again!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Having two Calendars’ is closed to new replies.