Having problems finding where I can change or delete Submit Event form fields

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Having problems finding where I can change or delete Submit Event form fields

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    hometownchatter
    Participant

I’ve read several threads on this, but I just don’t understand how to do it. I’ve looked at the event-form.php and the events-meta-box.php a million times..LOL I would like to delete or make fixed Country: United States. I would like to remove Province and make fixed State: Kansas, as I’m a community site. Any help would be appreciated and walking me through it like a 5 year old would be wonderful! 🙂

Barry

You can certainly set a default country and state (via the Events > Settings > Defaults screen) though an existing bug means the state selection may not always function as expected – a fix for that has I believe been incorporated into the forthcoming release.

hometownchatter
    Participant

I don’t see a Events > Settings > Defaults screen? Is that in the Pro version?

Barry

My mistake, but yes you are right – that’s something Events Calendar PRO adds to the mix. So let’s try a different approach.

I appreciate you mentioned you don’t have a huge amount of knowledge about working with code, but I’m going to assume you are already comfortable with template overrides as a baseline – if you aren’t then please do take the time to read our Themer’s Guide and this tutorial on template overrides.

The first thing to do is copy the template used to display those fields across to your theme. So please find:

plugins/the-events-calendar/admin-views/venue-meta-box.php

And copy it to your theme’s events/community sub directory, something like:

themes/{YOUR-THEME}/events/community/venue-meta-box.php

We’re going to edit your theme’s version slightly, so open it up and locate these lines of code (should be lines 26-75). Replace them instead with these lines.

Now we need to glue this altogether by telling The Events Calendar to use your customized venue meta box template. To do this open your theme’s functions.php file and add this snippet.

hometownchatter
    Participant

Worked perfectly! Thanks so much. 🙂

Barry

No problem – happy to help.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Having problems finding where I can change or delete Submit Event form fields’ is closed to new replies.