"has_archive" on the custom post type tribe_events

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO "has_archive" on the custom post type tribe_events

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    Julien
    Participant

When registering custom post type “tribe_events”, I suggest to add in the params of the fonction “register_post_type” this : ‘has_archive’ => …

Why ? Because events can have an archive page. When using a breadcrumb plugin, you’ll see the use of this !

Rob

Thanks for the suggestion, Julien. Let me run this by our developers and unless they seen any reason to object, we’ll include this in a future release. Cheers.

Rob

Hey Julien. I spoke with our developer John about this; and he’s going to need a bit more information from you. What would the archive page look like? Don’t we want our regular /events page to serve that purpose, which it does by default anyway?

Julien
    Participant

Try to use the famous “WordPress SEO” plugin, it includes a tool for breadcrumbs.
    Install this on any website and test with events page.
    Try without my tip and try with this modification.
    You’ll see the difference immediatly in the bredcrumb and a new page is now available.

Rob

Thanks for confirming. I’ll get a dev to take a look and respond directly.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Julien,

I’ve got the SEO plugin installed and added the breadcrumb code to the page.php template but am still not clear on what exactly you’re trying to achieve. What archive page are you talking about, the date archives within WordPress? Do you have an example you can provide so we can talk a look or provide some more detail please.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Julien
    Participant

Yes, take a look at http://saintpierre.delareunion.net/evenement/ousanousava-kreolokoz/

Without ‘has_archive’ => ‘agenda’ (line 27 in the-events-calendar.class.php)
    it’s not possible to have that breadcrumb.
    (note that you must set the slug with the one defined in your ECP’s page options)

Julien
    Participant

In the file “ecp-single-template.php” of course

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Julien,

I see it now. Good point. We’ll discuss the implications of this and consider it for future addition.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Rob

Just a heads up that I’ve added this to the 2.1 feature request pile so we’ll work through this as we build out that release. Thanks!

Greg
    Participant

I also think the “has_archive” will be useful. The site I’m working on has the “venue” in the breadcrumb trail (ie. home > venue > specific-venue-name ) and if I click on “venue” in the breadcrumb trail I get a page not found error. If we had the “has_archive” setting in the custom post type registration settings I could create a simple archive page that would show a list of the venues. Any idea when 2.1 is set to release?

Rob

Hey Greg. Thanks for the insight – that’s a request that definitely keeps coming up 🙂

We’re first focusing on 2.0.3 to get some major bugs from 2.0.2 out of the way; don’t quote me on it, but I’d expect that to be live by this time next week. 2.1 is a bigger undertaking but is definitely in the cards for immediately after 2.0.3, so should be within a month or so. We’ll of course keep you guys updated as we know more and if these dates change/solidify.

Julien
    Participant

Any idea if this feature will be soon included in ECP ?

Rob

Hey dude. This should be in 2.1; the next major release (2.0.4 was mostly just to include bug fixes). No guarantees since we may find the need for a 2.0.5 release – but that’s the plan. Sorry I couldn’t offer up something more concrete.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • The topic ‘"has_archive" on the custom post type tribe_events’ is closed to new replies.