has_archive for breadcrumbs

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO has_archive for breadcrumbs

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Denise Crosbie
    Participant

Hi! Just looking to fix some buggy stuff in the yoast breadcrumbs functioning with this events calendar. I came across this post that seems it should help me solve the problem: https://tri.be/support/forums/topic/has_archive-on-the-custom-post-type-tribe_events/

However, looking through your code I see that the has_archive suggestion from this post seems to not have been implemented. Therefore I can not get the breadcrumbs up and running perfectly.

Barry

Hi Denise,

Unfortunately it doesn’t seem to have been put in place as you have observed: I’m not sure why that would be, but will check in and see if there was some reason that prevented us from doing so or if we simply ran out of time during development.

Thanks!

Denise Crosbie
    Participant

Any update on this?

Barry

Hi Denise, further changes in this regard are still under consideration while the team figures out the full ramifications of any change – it’s not quite as simple as it may seem on the surface and we need to be careful that we don’t do something which seems like a correction for one group of users but causes issues for another group.

For that reason I’m afraid there’s not much more we can offer you right at this point – except to say it’s on the radar and solutions are actively being discussed.

Sorry we can’t do more for you in the short-term – but we do appreciate your continued support and patience while we look into this.

Denise Crosbie
    Participant

K, I know I am not supposed to do this but… I went into the plugin core code and changed it to use has_archives true & also changed the single event slug to be singular. My breadcrumbs is now working. I will have to redo this code each time I update the plugin but that is fine :o( I will check back every once in a blue moon to see if you guys have implemented has_archive.

Barry

So long as you understand the potential issues with editing core code – and it sounds like you do – that’s fine. I’ll go ahead and close this thread for the time being: glad you found a solution to tide you over 🙂

andreu
    Participant

Hi Denise,

Can you please explain me what change did you do to solve the problem? Both plugins Breadcrumb NavXT and Yoast Breadcrumbs are not working fine. I need this to be solved. I’m having the same problem in many sites… 🙁

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘has_archive for breadcrumbs’ is closed to new replies.