handling of time, time zones

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events handling of time, time zones

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Julian
    Participant

hi,
    When i submit an event to the event calendar…what time zone is it submitted in? Does it pull my local time based on where I am? Where is the timezone of the calendar derived from?

Casey D

Hello aetheriusla,

Thanks for contacting us! This is a good question.

The timezone is derived from the General Settings page in the WP-Admin.

If you add this to the end of you site it should take you there >> /wp-admin/options-general.php

If this is a complication for your site, you may have some options.

It looks like you have Pro, so you can add an “Additional Field” in the Event Settings page. A ‘timezone’ text field would allow the user to manually enter their timezone. You could also get creative with the dropdown field and offer them specific choices.

You could also just include some instructions at the top of the form to account for the timezone when setting their time.

This isn’t an issue we run into a whole lot. If you have a moment, we’d love for you to submit your idea to our UserVoice forum. We take user ideas and contributions very seriously, and many times their ideas end up in our future releases.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you!

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

James Lavine
    Participant

I’ve been looking for a way to handle time zones as well. Thanks for pointing out the availability of additional fields!

I have a question though: What if I want to use the data from an additional field in a place other than where it shows up by default, under the “Other” heading. I would love for it (the time zone) to display after the date and time, right under the title of the event. It would also be great to make it display after the date and time in the tooltip that shows up when you hover over an event in the full calendar view.

Thanks so much for your help!
    -James

Casey D

Hi James!

Welcome to the forums and thanks for reaching out!

We try to keep our threads focused on just one user’s problem. This ensures that we are addressing your specific problem instead of a general group one, and not possibly missing anything unique your situation.

Would you mind opening up a new topic about your issue? If you could please detail in your own words exactly what your problem is (instead of just linking here), that will go a long way towards helping you get this issue resolved as fast as possible. I hope you understand our reasoning here and do not mind this extra step, we have just found it serves our users best.

Thanks a ton!

– Casey Driscoll

Casey D

Hello aetheriusla,

We typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘handling of time, time zones’ is closed to new replies.