Gutenberg compatibility

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Gutenberg compatibility

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

So, after activating the Gutenberg plugin, we’re finding that when we attempt to add an event using Event Calendar PRO, we get a blank page inside the editor well. (Not a complete blank page — WordPress displays, there’s just no post editor.) The New Event and Edit Events views have this problem, but not the Settings tab.

Poking around your site, I’m coming to the conclusion that Event Calendar PRO may simply be incompatible with Gutenberg. Is that the case? If so, do we have an ETA yet on a PRO-compatible Gutenberg extension?

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Jerry,

Thanks for getting in touch.

I just tested this on a fresh install with recent WP, and the following plugins only: Gutenberg, TEC, PRO, Gutenberg Extension

It all seems to work fine on my side.

The current version of the extension is 0.2.7-alpha, I see you are using a somewhat older version. I recommend to grab the newest from the extension page and check with that.

If that doesn’t fix it… I see you have a whole list of plugins on your site. Would you be able to do a conflict test to find out if any of those are interfering with this?

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi again Jerry,

Poking around your site, Iā€™m coming to the conclusion that Event Calendar PRO may simply be incompatible with Gutenberg.

I reached out to our Gutenberg-team and they indeed did confirm that the extension is not yet compatible with EC PRO yet, only with The Events Calendar.

We do plan to make the rest of our plugins compatible with Gutenberg as the next step (release 2). However first we have to wait for the launch of WP 5.0 and see how that goes.

So yeah, its on the roadmap, but no fixed ETA yet.

Hope this helps.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Andras, thanks for your response. It looks like we’ll have to port the entire events calendar to another site since walking back our Gutenberg install isn’t an option at this point. In order to do this, will I need to upgrade to Pro license (3 sites), or can I simply switch which website holds the Personal (1 site) license?

I’m disappointed that MT opted to provide Gutenberg for the free version of EC but not the paid version.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Jerry,

Iā€™m disappointed that MT opted to provide Gutenberg for the free version of EC but not the paid version.

I’m sorry to hear about your disappointment, but I do have to make a correction here. We didn’t not opt to provide Gutenberg compatibility for that paid version. We do want to provide Gutenberg compatibility for all our plugins, just like I said before.

Modern Tribe and The Events Calendar is one of the first plugins to jump head first into Gutenberg compatibility, despite Gutenberg not even being finished yet. You can read all about our approach in our Going Gutenberg series.

First we need to make sure that the base – TEC – is covered and that everything still works well when Gutenberg launches. That is the goal for phase 1.

The goal for phase 2 is to make the rest of our plugins also compatible.

will I need to upgrade to Pro license (3 sites), or can I simply switch which website holds the Personal (1 site) license

You do not need to upgrade your license, you can simply switch it over to the new domain when ready. You will find these articles helpful for this:

Hope this helps. If there’s anything more, just gimme a holler.

Cheers,
    Andras

Thanks for the clarification on both points, Andras. Last question as we figure out how to resolve this…if I uninstall the PRO plugin, the free version of The Events Calendar should play nice with Gutenberg, yes? Probably, assuming that’s the issue and not some other plugin conflict?

Andras
    Keymaster

You are very welcome!

I believe it is enough to deactivate Events Calendar PRO, but yes, that should solve the issue.

As you phrased it, TEC should play nice with Gutenberg. At this time, just like with the Gutenberg plugin itself, since both that and our Extension are still in development, it is not recommend to use them on a production environment. But of course it’s up to you. šŸ˜‰ Make sure you have backups. šŸ™‚

A.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Gutenberg compatibility’ is closed to new replies.