Grid calendar showing last month instead of current month in the drop-down

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Grid calendar showing last month instead of current month in the drop-down

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author
    Kyle

Just upgraded to the new plug-in and the grid calender defaults to the previous month instead of the current month in the drop-down. Please advise how to fix this. http://www.carefreelasvegas.com/special-events/

Rob

Hey Kyle. Sorry to hear you’re having issues here. Are you running 2.0.2 for both versions? The only time I’ve heard of this issue happening is if someone is using 2.0.1 of one plugin, 2.0.2 of the other. Could that be the case here?

Kyle

Rob, thank your for the quick response. I am running both versions as 2.0.2. What is really bizarre is if I change the theme to the TwentyEleven 1.3 theme the date shows up correctly. I have checked my current theme and see no code in the page that is any different than that theme. Any ideas what could possibly make this happen? I am using the default code for the plug-in so all of the calls and functions are standard – no mods whatsoever. So it doesn’t make sense to me. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks again!

Kyle

I also tried this fix just in case (no luck) – https://theeventscalendar.com/patch-for-the-events-calendar-2-0-2-date-bug/

Kyle

I had to revert back to the 1.3 version due to complaints from my website users. I guess I am going to have to build a sandbox environment to work out all of the bugs. You can close the case if you would like.

Jason Butler
    Participant

Rob,

i’m having the same issue on one site… i have 2 installs of the pro module and 4 of the free version overall… all installs work fine except for just one which was an upgrade from 1.6.5… the month is simply off by one month (one month behind) in the drop down on the grid view.

have both 2.0.2 versions installed and licensed… i’ve even tried the twenty eleven theme but the issue is still there.

any other help or ideas?

happy holidays!

Jason Butler
    Participant

Rob… i now see the calendar is conflicting with the Shopp plugin on the website… if i deactivate Shopp the grid drop down works as expected… thing is, nothing has changed with Shopp and the calendar drop down was working fine before the 2.0.2 upgrade.

is there anything i can update within the calendar plugin to make it play nicely with Shopp?

i’ll keep poking around… thanks!

Rob

Hey guys. Thanks for the updates, and apologies that it took me a few days to get back to you – as you were likely aware, we slowed down a bit for holiday last week. It sounds like, at least in Kyle’s case, this was an issue with a theme conflict (correct me if I’m wrong there). It’s tough for us to provide direct support on one-off theme issues; but if you get a little further in your testing environment and want to run anything by us, I can definitely get the devs to chime in with their thoughts.

Jason: it’s very possible that there was a light bug introduced in 2.0.2 that caused the Shopp conflict. If you want to, shoot me an email (rob at tri.be) and I’ll get you the code we’ve worked on since then, which will – whenever it’s released – become 2.0.3. It may help resolve your issue.

Jason Butler
    Participant

Rob… i can wait for 2.0.3 release for the other Shopp site we have… i took a chance and just finished updating to the new Shopp (1.2RC2) plugin on the live site that was having the issue and all the problems are fixed.. so it’s great to see the newer Shopp and TEC versions are becoming more and more compatible.

thanks… and happy new year.

Rob

Excellent to hear! That’s great news and something the team here will be happy to hear. If anything else comes up going forward (between these two plugins or anything else related to Events Calendar PRO), let us know.

corey
    Participant

I’ve just noticed I have the same issue. Is there a temporary hack around this?

Rob

Which issue, Corey? The Shopp conflict specifically or just the last month item in general?

corey
    Participant

Hey Rob,
    It’s the conflict of seeing last month displayed in the drop down.

Rob

Thanks Corey. I’m not aware of a hack but I can get Jonah to take a look. First though, are you sure this isn’t a conflict with another plugin? Have you been able to try deactivating those you’ve got going to see if that fixes the issue?

corey
    Participant

Thanks Rob,
    I’ll check if a plugin is causing the issue. Making a copy of my client’s site now so I can test it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • The topic ‘Grid calendar showing last month instead of current month in the drop-down’ is closed to new replies.