Google Webmaster Tools: Structured data generates lot of errors

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Webmaster Tools: Structured data generates lot of errors

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Ben
    Participant
    Barry

Hi @superbigcat,

That’s a valid point.

The issue is that if a view (photo view in this case) does not include venue information there aren’t really any great ways in which we can include location data for those listed events.

It would of course be possible to override and customize the view and add venue data for each entry – we’ve avoided that by default as sometimes too much information can get in the way of a smooth user experience.

It is also worth noting that even if the validator is not fully satisfied and returns some errors, this does not seem to prevent Google or other services from consuming the data that is provided.

All that to say: we’re open to your further suggestions if for instance you feel venue data ought to be included in views like this one, but despite the errors being flagged up by the validator (which are great for diagnostics) I’m not sure just how crucial this actually is.

Bear in mind also that – so long as the events in question do have valid venues, then Google/other service will probably slurp it all up from the individual event pages themselves.

Does that help at all or do you have any further questions about this?

Ben
    Participant

Very clear, it make sens, I have added venue in photo view I will check GWT now 🙂

Thanks for clear an detailed answer !

Barry

My pleasure 🙂

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Webmaster Tools: Structured data generates lot of errors’ is closed to new replies.