Google Structured Data SEO problems

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Structured Data SEO problems

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Arnau
    Participant

Good morning, today I recieved an e-mail from Google that informs me that I have to correct the Structure Data Markup Events, and if not, events could not appear as enriched results in Google Search.
    Is missing the dstart field, the location is missing and no valid.
    I have 351 errors that appear the 14/8/2018

What could i do to arrange that problem?
    Thank you in advance

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi Arnau,

Thanks for getting in touch!

You are getting those error messages because Google is missing 2 pieces of information that is required for it to be a valid markup. One is the event starting time, which is missing, the other is the location, which seems to be missing or it is an invalid value based on the structured data testing tool.

Check out the screenshot:

And this is the whole test:

I see you are using the Event List widget there. By default the event start time should be included there. I guess that is either changed by the theme you are using or you created a template override and removed that piece of information.

You can check if it is the theme if you switch to twentyseventeen and check if the time shows up then.

As for the location there is an option in the widget to show that info.

Let me know if this helps and if you have any further questions.

Cheers,
    Andras

Arnau
    Participant

hello! how can i do this changes thru your plugin?
    Thanxs

Mathew
    Participant

Arnau,

The Yoga Fit theme author (CMSMasters) has highly customized the widgets you are using on your website. They are using hcalendar/vevent to generate the markup. The Events Calendar uses JSON-LD to produce its markup.

You can the same errors when running the Yoga Fit demo through the Google Structured Data Testing Tool.

You will need to contact CMS Masters Support to resolve the Google errors.

Hope this helps.

Andras
    Keymaster

@Mathew, thanks for the super valuable information there!

@Arnau, as Mat suggested, you can reach out to the theme developers.

Also, here’s a bit of background information that might help you. Google structured data supports three formats:

• JSON-LD (recommended)
    • Microdata
    • RDFa

The source of this info is: https://developers.google.com/search/docs/guides/sd-policies

Hope this helps.

Would be happy to hear about your progress.

Cheers,
    Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Structured Data SEO problems’ is closed to new replies.