Google maps not enabled using CSV Event Import

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Google maps not enabled using CSV Event Import

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Bullock
    Participant

I have Show Map and Show Map Link set to TRUE but neither show up in my events.
    If I open an event the check boxes are not checked. When I check them manually, the map and link shows up.
    I have tried it with no plugins except Events enabled on the default theme. (My system supplied is more recent with everything enabled but I did try it)

Patricia

Hey Ryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I’m very sorry about this issue you are experiencing.

We already have an internal bug report open regarding this issue and our developers will take a look at it.

Until then unfortunately you will need to set the maps individually for each event.

Iā€™m setting this ticket to Pending Fix and we will update it once the problem is solved.

Thank you for your patience and if you have any other questions regarding this subject, please let us know!

Regards,

Patricia

Ryan Bullock
    Participant

Any news on this? I have a client waiting for this feature. They have too many event entries to do this manually. Thanks

Patricia

Hi Ryan,

I’ve just reviewed our internal bug report and the solution for this issue is still a work in progress.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a date at this point, but you will be contacted as soon as we have further information on this.

Thanks for your understanding and if you have any other questions in the mean time, please let me know and I’ll be happy to assist!

Regards,

Patricia

Ryan Bullock
    Participant

I solved it! For me at least. Under Settings for Events I went to the Imports tab. In there under Global Import Settings there is a drop down for Show Google Map
    Mine was set to “NO” I changed it to “YES” and now the map is enabled by default.

Patricia

Hi Ryan!

The “Show Google Map” option allows you to enable Google Map by default on imported event and venues, so it might have solved 50% of the problem, but unfortunately none of these options are being imported from .csv files yet (neither Show Google Maps Link or Show Map).

I’m glad to know that enabling this option helped to partially solve your problem. If in your specific case enabling the “Show Google Map” option allowed you to import events with both Show Map and Show Map Link set to TRUE (events are imported with both boxes checked), can you please share with us your CSV file so we can run some tests and find out what might be a solution for this bug?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Patricia

Ryan Bullock
    Participant

It only enabled the map which is what I needed most. Not the map link. I’ll send you a couple .csv files anyway if it helps.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 7 months ago by Ryan Bullock.
    Ryan Bullock
    Participant

This reply is private.

Patricia

This reply is private.

Courtney

We released an update for this issue. Can you update your plugins (preferrably on a staging site) and see if that resolves the issue.

https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-13-november-2017/

Thanks
    Courtney ?

Ryan Bullock
    Participant

It works perfectly! thank you for following up

Patricia

Hi Ryan,

You are welcome šŸ™‚ Thanks for your confirmation: I’m glad to hear that everything is working as expected now! If you have any other questions, please feel free to open a new thread and we will be happy to help!

Cheers,

Patricia

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Google maps not enabled using CSV Event Import’ is closed to new replies.