Google Maps JS Conflict

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Maps JS Conflict

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

Same exact issue as closed here from 2014: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/google-maps-js-conflict/

Thread states that dequeue google maps scripts will be easier in the future, the future is now, so how can I accomplish this?

TEC is loading the google map api on more than just single event pages though, it loads it needlessly on the main events pages as well. So errors show on any Events page. This is a TEC problem because other pages need to utilize google maps, so it’s being loaded on every page from another plugin. So the TEC version needs to go.

Was hoping it would be as simple as this:
    wp_dequeue_script( ‘tribe_events_google_maps_api’ );

But this has no affect when actioned to wp_enqueue_scripts.

Additionally, possibly related or not- the console is littered with notices/errors from TEC:

[“TEC Debug: Tribe Events …d from tribe-events.js.”]
    tribe-e….min.js (line 1)
    TEC Debug: Browser and events settings information:
    tribe-e….min.js (line 1)
    [“TEC Debug: tribe-events.js successfully loaded”]
    tribe-e….min.js (line 1)
    [“TEC Debug: tribe-events-pro.js successfully loaded”]
    tribe-e….min.js (line 1)
    [“TEC Debug: bootstrapDate…ribe-events-bar.js” on:”, Object[input#tribe-bar-date attribute value = “”]]
    tribe-e….min.js (line 1)
    [“TEC Debug: tribe-events-bar.js successfully loaded”]
    tribe-e….min.js (line 1)
    [“TEC Debug: tribe-events-….js successfully loaded”]
    tribe-e….min.js (line 1)
    [“TEC Debug: tribe-events-….js successfully loaded”]
    tribe-e….min.js (line 1)
    Tribe JS Init Timer: 195.57ms
    tribe-e….min.js (line 1)
    [“TEC Debug: imagesLoaded … isotope on photo view.”]

Matt
    Participant

I think I have found a way around this for my particular site, but I’d still like a response in regards to this.

Thanks!

Hunter

Hey Matt,

Thanks for reaching out and I’d be happy to address your questions 🙂

The “errors/notices littering the console” are all just diagnostic information, no errors.

Unfortunately, dequeueing scripts is still a manual process. The best we can recommend is to get a code editor with a “Find in Folder” search feature and search for all instances inside our plugins of wp_enqueue_script(). Copy the script handle from these functions, then write a function that performs wp_dequeue_script() for each script handle.

Lastly, would you be able to temporarily open your site for public viewing? It is currently blocked and requires authorization to view. We cannot use customer credentials, so if possible, please open it publicly so that we can see what the actual JavaScript conflict is.

Thanks again for the inquiry and I look forward to your response. Take care and enjoy your day!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Maps JS Conflict’ is closed to new replies.