Google Maps API Multiple Times

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Maps API Multiple Times

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    info2grow
    Participant

Getting the error that maps is called too many times. Copied site to staging, switched to the Twenty Seveteen theme and disabled all plugins except The Events Calendar and Events Calendar Pro. Still getting the error until I disabled Pro and the error went away.

The Events Calendar = Version 4.6.2
    The Events Calendar PRO = Version 4.4.30

Courtney

Hi there

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/troubleshooting-google-maps/#conflicts has a code snippet to remove the Javascript call for Google Maps from our plugin, if another plugin or theme happens to already call for it.

Can you give that a try and let me know if that works?

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

info2grow
    Participant

Not sure whether to mark this as resolved. The code fixed the issue but the issue happened with only event calendar and events calendar pro installed using the twenty seventeen theme, no other plugins or custom code.

Seems that both the base plugin and pro are calling the maps API (see attached).

Courtney

Hey Lawrence

Thanks for sharing that screenshot. Rolling back a version on our end resolved this. As such, I’ve submitted it as a bug and we should have an update for that available in the near future. We will update you when that happens, as it may require you to remove the fix I provided.

So sorry for the runaround. We’re on the job to get this fixed.

Thanks
    Courtney 🙂

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and see if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Maps API Multiple Times’ is closed to new replies.