Google Map showing somewhere not far from Africa :)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google Map showing somewhere not far from Africa :)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Jakub
    Participant

Hi friends,

I have one quite curious problem. All of my events are mostly imported form Facebook and some of them are imported with right location (data) but system shows them somewhere near to Africa – you can take a look. Why is that? There is also that thing, some events are imported with good location data and all address fields are full, but some have none… so I have to repair them by copy&paste from the title where is everything ok. Why is that and what can I do?

Thank you so much!

Jakub

Brian
    Keymaster

Hi,

Sorry for the issues you are having. It sounds like your venues do not have coordinates and so they are showing as 0,0 and that is off the coast of Africa.

We have a way to edit the venue coordinates in the next release. In the mean time you can use the Event Rocket.

It is an unofficial plugin maintained by some of our developers:

Event Rocket

Once added you can see the coordinates in the venues and manually add them.

As for why some may not work and other times they do. Our coding sends the venue’s address and in return we get coordinates. If there is an error or no connection it defaults to 0,0.

If you are on a shared hosting it is possible another site has used the daily traffic to contact the google map api and that is why some addresses do not get coordinates too.

Does that make sense?

Brian
    Keymaster

I am going to close this topic as we typically close threads if there is no activity after two weeks. Feel free to create a new thread and reference this one to save you time.

Thanks

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Map showing somewhere not far from Africa :)’ is closed to new replies.