Google Map not being Displayed

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Google Map not being Displayed

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Werner Brandt
    Participant

When adding a new event in Community Events and checking Google Maps and Link to be displayed, the map is not visible when viewing. If I go into the dashboard and and edit the event, the map options are unchecked and if I select the maps to display, it works fine. Not sure why it is not working when submitting an event through Community Events. Please advise.

Geoff B.

Good evening Werner and welcome back!

Thank you for reaching out to us.

We are sorry to hear about the Google Maps and link not being saved while submitting Community Events. I would love to help you with this topic.

I was able to reproduce this issue. We are actively working on a fix for this and we apologize for the inconvenience.

Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date for a fix at this point.

But you will be contacted as soon as there is one.

In the meantime, your best bet might be to downgrade to the previous version of Community Events: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/downgrading-plugin-past-version/

Thank you for your patience as we see this through.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Werner Brandt
    Participant

Just checking if you might have a fix or hack that could correct this issue that I could add to the functions.php file until a new release is available.

Geoff B.

Good evening Werner,

Thank you for writing back. I just requested a workaround for this on your behalf since this did not make it in the Maintenance Releases yet.

Hang tight as I follow up to see if that is possible for you.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Geoff B.

Good evening Werner,

I believe I have found just the thing!

Could you try adding the following snippet to your theme’s functions.php : https://gist.github.com/elimn/4cbdbf600e4d25842a824147b2e56e5e ?

Basically this will bypass the settings of each individual event.

Let me know how that goes.

Best regards,
    Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Nico

Hi there!

Just wanted to share with you that maintenance release 4.4.5 of our plugins is out, which includes a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about the release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-events-calendar-4-4-5-event-tickets-4-4-5-premium-add-ons/

Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Map not being Displayed’ is closed to new replies.