Google Ical Importer is not readjusting from UTC correctly

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Google Ical Importer is not readjusting from UTC correctly

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    venture cafe
    Participant

We have a Google iCal import with hundreds of events posted between 3-8pm on Thursdays which normally display correcctly. Our 6-9pm Wednesday events have been displaying the wrong date after being imported for a while. After the last change to the Google iCal import code-base it looks like events which cross the International Dateline end up breaking the import and stop being adjusted back to NYC time zone (EST [-4 UTC]). This happened a few years ago with your system and might disappear when daylight savings goes away but we need it fixed to avoid entrepreneurs showing up at midnight for office hours with retirees. 🙂

Please see the attached screenshots for visual confirmation of the issue.

venture cafe
    Participant

I would like to add that this doesn’t usually show up until the week of the event.

Cliff

Hi, Kevin. Thanks for your detailed question.

This is a known issue caused by our plugin forcing all events to UTC+0 datetime format. It’s technically the correct time, but Google wants the JSON-LD to be in the event’s local UTC time offset, not converted to UTC+0, which can make things appear to be on a different day but really not.

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 1st November 2017) is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-1-november-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Google Ical Importer is not readjusting from UTC correctly’ is closed to new replies.