Google displaying incorrect event times

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Google displaying incorrect event times

• This topic has 0 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Christopher.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Christopher
    Participant

A year or so ago, we discovered that Google search results were displaying the wrong start time for my clients events — https://donahuesmadisonbeachgrille.com/events/list/

We were advised to change the events time zone setrtings to UTC +0 (the site’s WordPress setting time zone setting is New York). This eventually seemed to fix the time issue on Google. Now, we are find that the times are all off again, showing start time 4 hours earlier than they should be:
    https://www.google.com/search?q=donahues+madison+beach+grille&oq=donahues+madison+beach+grille&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l3j0.8687j1j1&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Do I have to go back and reset all the event time to New York again?

Hi Christopher,

Thanks so much for reaching out!

I’d recommend that you set all of your events to use local timezones for each <i>event</i> under Events Settings < General.

In addition, I would set your time zone back to the timezone that you want to be using.  If possible, it’s best to set your site to a city, like New York, rather than a GMT offset.

Let me know if that helps!

Thanks,

Jaime

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Google displaying incorrect event times’ is closed to new replies.