Google calendar venue location data

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Google calendar venue location data

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Justin
    Participant

When my google calendar imports events the venue data for the event is all just inserted in the title, rather than filling out the corresponding fields for the venue – address, city, state, etc.

So from what I can see, there is no way to automatically have an imported event show the venue properly without manually editing each event, which kind of defeats the purpose of importing from Google in the first place.

Am I missing some other way to achieve this?

Cliff

Justin, could you please send me:

• a link to the Google Calendar iCal URL you are importing
    • specify one of the events you are importing, e.g. “Open House at the School”
    • a screenshot of the venue that gets imported (before any of your manual editing)

I’ll see if I can replicate what you’re experiencing and we’ll go from there.

Justin
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

Hi, Justin.

I confirmed with our development team that this is the way things currently work.

However, we recently added some code to the server that should make improving this a real possibility, hopefully sooner (weeks/months) than later (many months).

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I appreciate your understanding and patience.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hello Justin!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release for the Event Aggregator server is out including a fix for this issue.

No action is needed on your end as this is all on our server side of things, but as always, we recommend you update to the latest versions of our plugins.

Please try it out and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Google calendar venue location data’ is closed to new replies.